Zr2USA.com
Juvat

Will it fit...the ZR2 tire size FAQ

A friend of mine ran 33" on a completely stock ZR2 Blazer with just some trimming on the front fenders. Even off roading, it was fine.Didn't run into problems until she switched to an aftermarket rim with less backspacing.

Unless you can provide more details, (type of tire, how much trimming etc) statements like that aren't helping and are just confusing the matter more. Also the type of offroading will affect how badly someone would rub as well.

This is the 33 crammed into the back wheel well, and it is rubbing front and back, so I don't believe for a second that anyone can run a 33" tire off road and not rub without trimming. I guess the only thing would be if it's a very small 33 or they are old and have been worn down a lot already.

DSC00257.jpg

My 98 rubs only at full lock with worn 33/12.5 pro-comp m/ts on 3.5" backspace wheels, 2"BL, rear axle flip, t-bar crank.

Edited by rustyg

anyone have any experience with 33x12.5's on 15x8x4.5bs on a s10 z with 2" bl and 1.5 rear shackles and 1.5 bar crank in front?

016_16.jpg

DSCI0002.jpg

35's offset alot with a 5" bds and SL 2" and i wasnt afraid to cut when it came to my fenders. rubbed only offroad in the front when steering and thrashing. on the street it was fine. after the 2" BL i had handfulls of clearance.

and one last pic for the site.

DSCI0004.jpg

just wondering if anyone has done 2" body lift, 2"shackles and torsion keys with 33x10.5's on stock wheels and how much trimming would be needed?

just wondering if anyone has done 2" body lift, 2"shackles and torsion keys with 33x10.5's on stock wheels and how much trimming would be needed?

Cranking the t-bars is a terrible way to lift, might as well put a grenade under the truck.

Even if it does clear, it is still not worth it.

You should be able to fit the 33s with just the BL and trimming. I'm not a fan of body lifts though, so that's all you're going to get from me. :lol:

016_16.jpg

DSCI0002.jpg

35's offset alot with a 5" bds and SL 2" and i wasnt afraid to cut when it came to my fenders. rubbed only offroad in the front when steering and thrashing. on the street it was fine. after the 2" BL i had handfulls of clearance.

and one last pic for the site.

DSCI0004.jpg

what kind of gears do you got?

would it be that severe if i did the lowest setting on the torsion keys.. say an inch or 1.5"?

Yup, you want it at factory specs since it is already the weak point.

would it be that severe if i did the lowest setting on the torsion keys.. say an inch or 1.5"?

Yup, you want it at factory specs since it is already the weak point.

I know my buddy cranked up the torsion bars on what is now my Z. I'm wondering, if I wanted to crank them back down, how do I know what is the stock spec?

I've got to debate the 33x12.5xR15 statement. I have a 6" SL, torsion bar cranked some, and am running brand new Pro Comp Xterrain's that are 33x12.5xR15 with 4.5"BS. So far no issues off road......just saying.