Zr2USA.com
Miles

Front Sway Bar Disconnect Mod

I'm sorry guys, but I'm not selling these anymore. Waaay too much time to build for what I could sell them for. frown.gif

how can i do that??? cuz i got new sway bar enegry and i want to know how can i get the old one off ??? cuz i have an air compressure but it not working rite.. so if my air tools are not working is there any ways that i use by hand to get the old off and put new on???

just made my own disco.

i used a castle nut and a hitch pin for easy connect and disconnect. and to hold the sway bar out of the way i used eye-bolts in the frame and shackles.

take a look at my photo bucket and let me know what you think. have some pics of the improved flex too. it was great. ganna get rid of the rear sway bar next

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn84/en...?albumview=grid

Lookin good. Must have been working on that baby all day. Drove by yesterday and it was still sitting on the jack stands. Hows the front end feel after all new parts?

ya it was nice being 1 block from the hardware store. i made about 9 trips. it only cost about 30 bucks to do it. if ya want ill help ya out benzy. im up here till the 17th.

we should get some more pl and go wheelin this week

o ya so how many more times do i need to pull you and your brothers out lol.gif

Edited by ENFORCER36

made mine this afternoon, took it all apart, was siezed and cracked and generally messed up.

also relocated the safari bar so i can swing it up and out of the way when i need to. going 4x4ing next weekend, should be able to get some pics of it ultraflexed.

any idea on that panhard bar? is it supposed to keep the back axle from walking? or just keep it from l->r?

-fuzzy

Just made mine this weekend as well, going to Rausch Creek next weekend, can't wait to test em out.

Fuzzwolf, the blazers and jimmy's have rear sway bars, not panhard bars like the pickups. You can remove it if you like, but from what I could tell, there is a possibility of overextending the stock rear shocks. At least that's what I gathered from reading the sway bar disco thread on txzr2.com. I'm gonna leave my rear sway on for now, cause my shocks are allready extended a little bit more due to my 1.5 shackles.

I looked through the thread, is there a need for a limiting stap so the front susp doesnt droop to far down??? or will it stop itself before it over extends? Thanks. Im going on a night run this Friday and will be taking the sway bar off, I dont want to cut anything to swing it upward...Thanks for input/advice.

I looked through the thread, is there a need for a limiting stap so the front susp doesnt droop to far down??? or will it stop itself before it over extends? Thanks. Im going on a night run this Friday and will be taking the sway bar off, I dont want to cut anything to swing it upward...Thanks for input/advice.

As far as the suspension goes, there are factory compression & extension bumpstops that limit articulation so that no damage will occur. However, depending on your tire size, your tires may rub the fenders at full compression and the tires turned, when the sway bar is disconnected. You will just need to take it easy off-road at first, and have someone watch the tires to see if they rub, and mark where they are. Start your cutting there!

ok so I just did this mod and it only cost like $2 if u don't need 2 replace the bushings if u do is $27 all u do is insted of putting the bolt on the top u just put a wing nut on it with a lock washerand its done. it takes like 1min 2 disconect and reconect both sides

Ok I was thinking about the whole pickup being too light in the rear to compress the tbars and I think if one were to install a set of AALs it would create a high enough spring rate in the rear to make the ifs on the pickup act in the same way as the ifs on the blazer. Is this a valid thought or am I just out of my mind?

On another note I love what the disconnects have done for the handling on my z. At speeds >70 mph on gravel roads it soaks up the bumps like a champ, much better than the lumber wagon ride that it used to have. If you don't mind the body roll that comes with this mod then do the discos, you won't be disappointed. I would say that dollar for dollar this is the best suspension mod that can be done to increase the capability on our ZR2s.

So I was looking at a buddys jeep, and saw this electronic stabilizer bar disconnect system...56016.0001

I wonder if it can be adpated to fit a Z...

post-1437-0-15746900-1378817857_thumb.jpg

Your right...it was a passing idea

Almost finished with my disco mod!!! Just have to clean up the cut plastic and get in my eye bolts and clevises. Budgied it up for a quick test. Better picts later.

post-22006-0-66610600-1435520355_thumb.jpg

post-22006-0-96512200-1435520370_thumb.jpg

i have a full set of this custom made by miles himself. never used.

converting to sfa so all my goodies are for sale.

bravada shaft and axle tube $80 + shipping

miles sway bar disconnect brand new $40 + shipping

pm me if interested

I'm running without a front sway bar at all and I don't notice at all that it's not on, I also notice quite a bit smoother ride on bumpy roads.

I discoed my sway bar and left it tied up to the bumper and I keep my links in the glove box but I don't need them. I drive really aggressive sometimes and even race friends with our trucks from paved back roads to gravel logging roads and I have yet to actually need it (They all have yotas and I blow them away every time). I drive a 2000 zr2 pickup that is stock height and body roll is definitely noticeable but I slide before picking up a tire so I haven't made the qd's yet. I've even slid completely sideways with it and never felt like I was going to flip. it just takes a little to get used to it. With a lift I would suggest doing the qd's because of the change in center of gravity but for stock height pickups you really don't need the sway bar at all.