Zr2USA.com
Sign in to follow this  
SLSZR2

Seats interchangeable...?

Does anybody know if the Blazer seats will bolt up in a truck...  will 60/40 seats bolt in where there were buckets..?

To the best of my knowledge the buckets from a blazer can be used in a truck as long as they're the same generation.  You may be able to use seats from different generations by swapping seat tracks.  I wouldn't think it would be too difficult.  As to the bench style 60/40 seats where buckets were used, I don't think it's a bolt in modification.  All this is speculation.  I have blazer buckets in my truck.  They're from the same second generation vehicles so basically the exact same tracks.

12 minutes ago, eshaw said:

To the best of my knowledge the buckets from a blazer can be used in a truck as long as they're the same generation.  You may be able to use seats from different generations by swapping seat tracks.  I wouldn't think it would be too difficult.  As to the bench style 60/40 seats where buckets were used, I don't think it's a bolt in modification.  All this is speculation.  I have blazer buckets in my truck.  They're from the same second generation vehicles so basically the exact same tracks.

I have Blazer buckets in my 2003 std cab.  I removed a 60/40 seat and the buckets bolted right up.  I had to add a power wire for the electric controls and lumbar from the fuse block.  You will have to make some screw holes if you install the floor console also.  The only issue I have is that the Blazer buckets are from a 4 door so they won't fold forward to access behind the seats.  If you get buckets from a 2 door Blazer you will be okay as they will fold forward.  Truck seats from 1994-2004 will bolt right up.  I don't know if the 1982-1993 seats will interchange but alot of parts will so you would need to check the measurements.  Good Luck!

x2. I had 4 door Blazer leather seats in my first ZR2. 

94+ will work, but keep in mind pre 97 seats do not have the seatbelts fastened to the seats (or maybe I'm backwards, 98+ are attached to the seats? I can't remember)

My stock 2003 60/40 did not have the belts attached to the seats.  Don't remember what year my Blazer leather bucket seats came out of.  I don't remember any of my S-10 pickup trucks having belts attached to the seat and I've owned S-10 truck models from 1983-2004.  Do you mean attached like on the fullsize trucks?  Was this a Blazer thing?

I found the write-up when I did it... Holy crap that was 11 years ago!

I'm pretty sure the seat belts came out with the seats on my '98.  I know I originally bought some seats from a 1997 4 door blazer and the seat belts weren't with the seats so I sold them and bought newer ones. Something was different between the two years... It's been a long time since I've messed with them though. 

Edited by Blackhighrider

21 hours ago, 67Truckin said:

I have Blazer buckets in my 2003 std cab.  I removed a 60/40 seat and the buckets bolted right up.  I had to add a power wire for the electric controls and lumbar from the fuse block.  You will have to make some screw holes if you install the floor console also.  The only issue I have is that the Blazer buckets are from a 4 door so they won't fold forward to access behind the seats.  If you get buckets from a 2 door Blazer you will be okay as they will fold forward.  Truck seats from 1994-2004 will bolt right up.  I don't know if the 1982-1993 seats will interchange but alot of parts will so you would need to check the measurements.  Good Luck!

So, did you have to drill holes and add bolts four places when you installed the bucket seats?  I'm under the impression that the 60/40 bench attaches at four points, two per side is why I ask.  

The 60/40 seat is just like buckets except the cushion and arm rest in the middle hang off the left side seat.  Some guys have even taken them out and cut the side off to make them into bucket seats.  Basically the passenger seat is already a bucket seat.  It's only the Drivers side that is different.  Tracks are the same for both.  It's only a bench seat that doesn't have the center holes.

That's what I was thinking a 60/40 seat is, a bench.  Duh!

Thanks for all the info ...you guys know your stuff...lol.  The seats i was going to buy were nice..but out of a 4dr Blazer...i would have bought them if i hadnt learned here that they dont fold forward ..like ones in the 2dr blazer do..My truck dosn't have the 3rd door..so i need seats that fold forward......so back to searching....