Zr2USA.com
Sign in to follow this  
1of7627

New member from N Idaho...

Hello.  I've been lurking here for some time and the knowledge I've gained from this site already far exceeds the modest cost of subscribed membership, so I've decided to jump in and help with the effort, at least financially.  No doubt I'm 20 years too late to contribute much, but I won't take advantage of anyone.  

I bought this '02 ZR2 in Southern CA last January.  The plan was to use it when I travelled there semi-annually to visit my aging parents.  Well, plans change.  My parents home is now sold and there was nowhere to leave the truck.  I couldn't bring myself to sell it, so I brought it home to N. Idaho where I live.  This was a one-owner truck with a Carfax that supported it, is basically original and unmolested, was well cared for and I'm lucky to have found it though I no doubt paid too much for it.  I had no ZR2 knowledge before buying it and have done some research and examined the couple of others I've seen locally.  It's one of the many vehicles I've owned that I wish I'd been able to, or at least had the foresight to, buy new.  Some vehicles are like that.  I have other vehicles to use as daily drivers and I'm fortunate to be able to garage the ZR2.  A companion ZR2 Blazer would be cool, but it's probably not in my future.

First, thanks to all who have been here and contributed through the years.  You've already saved me tons of time and money on the small tasks I've completed to this point.  (There is still some detailing to do and a couple more fender flares to paint.)  Second, best wishes to you all for your continued health and longevity.  

Mark Cataldo

PS - The front chin shield (with the oil filter trap door) is missing from my truck and of course is discontinued.  I mounted a non-ZR2 shield that I found at a local Pull-N-Save, but of course it doesn't fit correctly.  I'd like to find the correct part, if someone has one available.  Thanks in advance.

zr2lfb.jpg

zr2rrb.jpg

Hey 1 of....im new here myself...But Welcome...from Ohio...This place is kinda dead, but your right...those that came before us have left a wealth of knowledge..   Super nice Ztruck by the way....

Welcome Mark. Clean truck for sure.

I am just over the line in Spokane Valley. I might be able to help you with the front skid if you don't mind one of the carbon fiber models. It was slightly modded but does not affect function. I will see if I can find it again in my pile of clutter. PM me when you have a moment.

BTW: Super nice to see a new member from this part of the world! Not many of us in the PNW. In particular the Spokane-Cda corridor.

Good score finding that truck, looks clean! :wave:

Welcome to the site Mark! :cheers:

Truck looks like it is in great shape, I have a large amount of ZR2s in my area that are uncontrolably turning into rust buckets.

Thanks everyone for your comments.  I've been involved in several forums through the years for other vehicles (Polaris ATV's, Toyota Tacoma's, GM J-Bodys, 80's Honda V4 bikes and a couple of others) and the evolution of forums in general is very similar.  As the vehicles age, availability changes, demographics of owners change and interest wanes, especially when new models are introduced.  It takes a serious commitment by dedicated admins to keep a forum going over time and I applaud you all.  Hopefully a forum for the new 2017 GM ZR2 models will keep interest going forward.  Good luck all and thanks again for the welcome.  

Mark

Pics are: Me with the last two Honda V4's I owned a few years back, an ATV that was new in '09 that I still have, and a '99 Cavalier Z24 that was a blast when I owned it.

MarknBikes.JPG

New4wheeler.jpg

Vertasof0109.jpg

Welcome aboard Mark, and thanks for becoming a Subscribed Member! We look forward to having you around.