Zr2USA.com
Sign in to follow this  
SLSZR2

Bed side decal..?

My 2000 GMC Sonoma has been repainted, so i dont know if it ever had them...and when i look up pics on the net..dont find any that have them...so did that year just not get any..?  If they did..i would like to get the ones correct for that year,  there are so many different ones available.  Any help much appreciated...Also noticed the GMC, and Sonoma badges are on the wrong sides too.....lol

20170614_171739.jpg

I've never seen one without any side decals.  Can you check with the dealer or autobody shop for correct decals and proper placement?

The S-10 and Sonoma had the same decal.

They were both dealer installed, so a lot of ZR2s never got decals.

I never had any on my BlaZeR and there were custom ones on my Crew Cab ZR2.

2 hours ago, gregg6668 said:

The S-10 and Sonoma had the same decal.

They were both dealer installed, so a lot of ZR2s never got decals.

I never had any on my BlaZeR and there were custom ones on my Crew Cab ZR2.

Thanks for the info...since i bought mine,  seems like i see them without decals quite a bit,  so ive wondered if they have been repainted..or if they just never had them...but that makes sense...Do know which ones would be correct for a 2000...

I was able to order some OEM decals from a dealer not to long ago, there are 2 color schemes for the OEM decals one for light body colors and one for dark, they are contrasting so they show up better. Of course there are a wide variety of aftermarket ZR2 decals available on ebay and a lot of them are very nice just not OEM due to copyrights.

Roger used to be the decal guru of the ZR2 world, he had TONS of great quality, badass decals.  http://www.zr2usa.com/Decals/

Unfortunately, he's MIA now. He does still have an eBay store I believe under Devries Signs.

You can often find beside decals on eBay for usually around $50-60 a pair.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZR2-Chevrolet-Bedside-Decal-Sticker-4X4-S10-GMC-Sonoma-Chevy-Blazer-OEM-Replica-/281523606933?hash=item418c1d5595:g:CLcAAOSwxH1UDHa3&vxp=mtr

I personally think it looks cleaner without! If it were me I'd keep them off and also remove all the other badging! 

On 6/19/2017 at 3:14 PM, Keviness® said:

I personally think it looks cleaner without! If it were me I'd keep them off and also remove all the other badging! 

I'm with Keviness, I bought my 02 new off the lot and had them remove them along with any dealer badging. (just my preference)

I'm one of "those" that doesn't mind the ZR2 badging.  The decals may not be especially subtle, but they're not garish and identify models with functional equipment differences from other models that knowledgeable owners/drivers appreciate.  Fake scoops, tacked on plastic spoilers, tape stripes and trim package badges (ie: "LS") never turned me on, but the ZR2 decals don't offend me.  They're one of the things I look for whenever I see an S10 on the street, along with the fender flares, wheels and higher stance.

Mark

The nice thing about the OEM decals from the dealer, the facing material is cut with mounting directions.  That insures you get them placed, correctly.