Zr2USA.com
Sign in to follow this  
brvermilli21

Parking Brake Light staying ON

So my parking brake turned on while driving a curvy road home last week and wont turn off. The light is not flashing just ON constant even when the parking brake is not on. I have checked the brake fluid level and its fine, I checked the switch at the brake assembly under the dash and it is coming up far enough to trigger the switch. I also read somewhere that the ground cable under the air box could cause this. Check the ground and cleaned it but no change in the parking brake.

Does anyone have any other ideas? My ABS light has been on for years due to a sensor up front that I never fixed so I dont know if the parking brake and ABS would have turned on at the same time or not.

Any help would be great. This is my beater truck so Im not going to dump any money into fixing it, but if its something small or easy I'll try and fix it.

Thanks

bv

Most likely electrical, but have you actually checked the little drum brakes inside the rear discs? I dont remember any electrical connections back there, but hey maybe. How about an electrical check of the switch on the park brake itself, fuses (might be 2), dash, and engine bay?

There's no electrical on the rear brakes, closest thing for that system would be the speed sensor on the t-case.

The abs module has probably failed. Happened on my truck few years ago. Both lights on. Solder joints break inside the abs module. Got it apart and hit the joints with a soldering iron under a magnifying glass. Sealed the abs module back up and installed. All was good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Locate the brake vacuum booster/master cylinder on the driverside firewall, then follow the fluid lines to the ABS distribution/control unit. 1st thing is to check the underhood and dash fuse blocks for a bad one.