Zr2USA.com
Sign in to follow this  
Grisman

Rough County Control Arm Ball Joint Spacer

I called Rough Country today and ordered just the upper control arms from their 2.5" lift kit. I had read previous posts about the spacers used on the ball studs so the nut will fit correctly. I asked about them and the guy seemed to know what I was talking about but said they weren't required. The last post I could find on this site about them being needed was from a year ago. Does anybody know if they have made a change recently and the spacers are no longer needed or should I call them back and ask again? This truck is my daily driver so I need to make sure I have all parts on hand before job is started. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Grisman

Unless they have changed the ball joint they use, you WILL need them. The studs are just a little too long for the S10 knuckle.

Sent via Google Deplorable tracking services.

Thanks jderekt. I will call them back and make sure I get them. Guess I better ask if bumpstops are included too since I don't believe they are already installed on arms.

Private_Ops, it's my understanding that's why the spacers are needed because the S10 knuckle isn't as thick as the fullsize.

Isn't it a fullsize ball joint? I swear I read somewhere the balljoint is meant for a 1500.

It is. They use this joint: Moog K6540

Thanks jderekt. I will call them back and make sure I get them. Guess I better ask if bumpstops are included too since I don't believe they are already installed on arms.

Private_Ops, it's my understanding that's why the spacers are needed because the S10 knuckle isn't as thick as the fullsize.

You might consider this bump stop, http://a.co/ioCNNV4

The ones they come with really allow the A arm to drop a lot. Puts a ton of stress on the CV, These are a good balance between stock and the RC ones.

Yes, it's one pair.

Sent via Google Deplorable tracking services.

If you don't mind me asking. What do just the control arms cost. That is all I'm really looking for

$263.90. 249.95 + 13.95 shipping to central Illinois. They do not include bump stops which would be another $11 shipped if using ones in kit.

Edited by Grisman

Was diggin through RockAuto. They make adjustable ball joints for the full sizes (like 3 degree's more adjustment). Not sure if they'd be any use for us though.

Edited by Private_Ops

I've not had any issues with alignment using the RC arms. I've actually got the entire kit in my rig. No issues except a slight wheel rub on the arms at full lock.

But always good to know there are options.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I've not had any issues with alignment using the RC arms. I've actually got the entire kit in my rig. No issues except a slight wheel rub on the arms at full lock.

Did you get a full 2 inches? Did you do the one ton steering? Any issues with CVs?

Did you get a full 2 inches? Did you do the one ton steering? Any issues with CVs?

No, 1.5" is the max with the Z's. I'm not running mine maxed, I set it at ~1". The kit worked great for me to compensate for sagging rear springs & torsion bars, a better upper control arms and bj's, and better articulation.

CV's have been fine, using those bump stops I recommended have helped with full droop stress.

Yes, I do have the one-ton idler, simply the best steering upgrade you can do. Been in for near four years, only a minor amount of slack in it even now. Alignment has held really well.