Zr2USA.com
Sign in to follow this  
kshepherd

LS1 flares?

Is there any way to get ahold of some of Mikes LS1 flares nowadays? Mine are prettty fackered up and im sick of looking at em lol.

You should be able to order them from Diversified Creations, but my opinion is they're junk.

You should be able to order them from Diversified Creations, but my opinion is they're junk.

Why is that?

Is there a better custome flare out there for z's? I'd rather not pay big bucks for new factory flares.

They are a shifty fit, a few members here have installed them with minimal satisfaction afterwards. To be honest I'd rather buy factory replacements before dishing out the $ for ls1 flares.

The general consensus of the LS1 flares are they're a much crappier fit than they used to be. I would go back to OEM, personally.

I have a good friend who does some really badass fiberglass & carbon fiber work. I will more than likely have a custom fiberglass set made once I get my truck where I want it.

Fiberglass the factory ones to the body.

/thread

Wow really? lol. Someone is high strung.

Anyways, I had LS1 flares when they first came out and I was very disappointed. The stock flares are much better and if you want the clearance LS1 flares give you all you really need to do is trim a bit. LS1 flares are flimsy, don't fit right, and come unfinished. And at the time I paid $600 for them. Biggest waste of money to date for my truck. In fact I ended up going BACK to stock flares.

Edit: Oh, and they didn't come with any hardware either.

Edited by MWood

As far as replacing flares, they are out there. I bought a new flare for $120.00 from a local body part shop. Not as heavy duty and the fit wasn't perfect, but hey it is on the passenger side so I don't have to look at it everyday. :Idunno:

I priced out the passenger side flares for my '99 Balzr2...$800.00 from the local dealer...I'll start searching the junk yards, right awaay!

I priced out the passenger side flares for my '99 Balzr2...$800.00 from the local dealer...I'll start searching the junk yards, right awaay!

On second thought, maybe the custom flares would be cheaper afterall.

:jester:

You should have no problem finding a set in the junkyard. There's sets that pop up on here every so often, someone's always parting one out.

My truck got wrecked this summer and I found a full fender with a good flare attached for like $100. It might take a little searching but it'll be a lot cheaper.

what about some fenders from a place like glassworks unlimited? if you don't mind fiberglass and some fitment work, these get you a lot of clearance.