Zr2USA.com
Sign in to follow this  
ZRBaja

Brake lights don't work but tail lights do

My brake lights have stopped working, no fuses are blown. My tail lights work and so do the blinkers and reverse lights. I thought it might be the brake switch but the third brake light still comes on, what could be the problem?

I changed one, but they both looked good. Changing the bulb didn't do anything. And if it makes a difference the trailer plug doesn't get a brake light signal either.

Check the green ground block near the frame on the drivers side at the rear of the bed (about a foot in) they tend to get loose over time.

i have the same problem and i changed all bulbs made sure all grounds were good and checked fuses what should i do next

Edited by 1996ZR2

might be your multifunction switch. any problems with your hazards? try fiddling with the MF switch and the hazards and see if you get any life out of the tail/brake lights.

might be your multifunction switch. any problems with your hazards? try fiddling with the MF switch and the hazards and see if you get any life out of the tail/brake lights.

all my lights work but when i apply the brakes they dont come on but the third brake light does. do u think the turn signal switch could be a problem

It turns out that it was my turn signal switch. Good call wolfpack i just got it fixed about a week and a half ago and forgot to put it up on here.