What is this thing?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 IchBinGott!

IchBinGott!
  • Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 968 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

There's a small panel that's part of the back of the console, that broke off. I've been trying to replace it, but I don't even know what to call it.

There's some numbers on it:
9047-M05
CAV 4
L

15718163 looks like a GM number, and 9047-M05 looks like a delco number, but searching for either doesn't seem to come up with anything. Anyone know what this is? Or where to get another?

#2 eazyb

eazyb
  • Former ZR2 owner Subscribed
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:Mullet fishing, Bream fishing, limb lines, squirrel hunting, bow hunting, ZR2 forum, smoking/grilling meat. That actually sounds ridiculous, but it's true HAHA!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:17 PM

I dunno, but if what your talking about is about the size of a pack of cards, on the back of the center consol, I wondered if it was once an ashtray for the little kid riding in that jumpseat.

??

#3 ZR2NC

ZR2NC
  • 1,591 posts
  • Interests:Family, Friends, Offroading

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

One of these
98-04 Blazer Jimmy Bravada S10 Console rear filler TAN

I couldn't find any other colors on ebay

Edited by ZR2NC, 28 August 2009 - 05:38 PM.

#4 Sputnik360

Sputnik360

blank is good enough for me

• Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 11,162 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

lol.gif that thing has been off of my console for my ownership of the truck. It somehow managed to end up underneath the plastic molding that screws into the carpet for the seat mounts. Its pinned in there good. I would have to unscrew the molding in order to take it out. But I'm not that motivated lol.gif

#5 IchBinGott!

IchBinGott!
  • Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 968 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (eazyb @ Aug 28 2009, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno, but if what your talking about is about the size of a pack of cards, on the back of the center consol, I wondered if it was once an ashtray for the little kid riding in that jumpseat.

??

Exactly! I don't know what it's for either....I think some of the older ones had a "remote cassette player" maybe something to do with that?

That's what I'm looking for, but I have the black interior, not tan reallycrazy.gif

#6 beedle4

beedle4

Dreams of switching to chrome wheels

• 7,382 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:11 PM

I belive the 4 door blazers have an spin out ash tray...

I will check the local JY next time im in...

#7 downsouthGAzr2

downsouthGAzr2

Undeserving of good avatar sig

• Former ZR2 owner
  • 3,632 posts
  • Interests:southern women, country music, punk rock, metal, bluegrass, lots a different music... mud, ridin the 4wheeler and jetski when i can... parties and beer (im in college still)

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:00 PM

yeah, base model blazers got that same center console with an ashtray on the back i believe... we got stupid delete plates instead.

#8 IchBinGott!

IchBinGott!
  • Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 968 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:56 AM

Hmmm, since it's only one of the plastic clips that broke off, I think I can just use some metal wire clips or something and glue it together, since finding one of these is apparently impossible. It's not like is really does anything anyway

#9 beedle4

beedle4

Dreams of switching to chrome wheels

• 7,382 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:36 PM

I added a 12v outlet to mine and just used black silicone to hold it in, then wiped with a damp rag for a clean line. Cant even tell and it looks great...

#10 Blazeallday311

Blazeallday311
  • Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 1,064 posts
  • Interests:Wheelin, Ridin, any way I can get it.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

We have a 4 door also, and the console is the same. I have no clue what it's for. If you have the black interior thought, you're gettin off easy. Buy it in any color you can find. Use duplicolors vinyl and fabric spray (black obviously) and it's a perfect match. I had to do the same thing, except I found one at the local junkyard that was blue.

#11 Highrider24/7

Highrider24/7

CONFIRMED: Gay and loving it!

• Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 2,160 posts
  • Interests:Off-roading

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (beedle4 @ Aug 30 2009, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I added a 12v outlet to mine and just used black silicone to hold it in, then wiped with a damp rag for a clean line. Cant even tell and it looks great...

Smart!

lol I was reading through posts today and found this one...
I have always wondered myself what this thing is for! Mine keeps fallin off. I think I might add some led's in it or something and get it to mold on there with fiberglass one day or something around that route. It'd be neat to have a couple small LED lights so you can light your rear up when you need to find shyte at night.

#12 BAJAZR2

BAJAZR2
  • 2,383 posts
  • Interests:working on my trucks, playing w/ my grand baby

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:49 PM

Mine was missing that plate. I made my own, and put a switch in it for some rear facing off road lights.

#13 Highrider24/7

Highrider24/7

CONFIRMED: Gay and loving it!

• Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 2,160 posts
  • Interests:Off-roading

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:24 PM

Now that is what I call custom done project - where did you run the wires through? floor im guessing

#14 BAJAZR2

BAJAZR2
  • 2,383 posts
  • Interests:working on my trucks, playing w/ my grand baby

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Highrider24/7 @ Nov 19 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that is what I call custom done project - where did you run the wires through? floor im guessing

Yes, there's an oval plastic piece that clips in the floor. I went thru that so it could be replaced if it ever needed to be. I used a trailer plug under the bed, so if I ever needed to remove the bed, I could just unplug the harness.

#15 Blazeallday311

Blazeallday311
  • Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 1,064 posts
  • Interests:Wheelin, Ridin, any way I can get it.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (BAJAZR2 @ Nov 19 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Highrider24/7 @ Nov 19 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, there's an oval plastic piece that clips in the floor. I went thru that so it could be replaced if it ever needed to be. I used a trailer plug under the bed, so if I ever needed to remove the bed, I could just unplug the harness.

Now that's usin your melon. Way to think ahead. thumup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users