8 replies to this topic

#1 icecoled007

icecoled007

If he would warm up to the site, he'd have an avatar

• Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 3,152 posts
  • Interests:biking

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

I was thinking of gettin some beadlock wheels not the real deals but just some look alikes, what would you say is a good brand/model I found these on ebay they look pretty cool and you can change the outside color. What is another good idea. Thanks guys I appreciate the input from y'all it helps aton! LS1MikesTruck.gif

#2 gwhunter350

gwhunter350
  • Former ZR2 owner
  • 1,229 posts
  • Interests:Hunting <br>fishing<br>riding<br>wheeling<br>working for the police department<br><br>

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

those are nice...they would look really good in black withe the aluminum streetlocks

#3 TrUcKeR

TrUcKeR
  • Former ZR2 owner Subscribed
  • 10,061 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:04 PM

the only wheels like that available in our bolt pattern are those Ion's, available through Jeg's in a 15x8.....

or the KMC XD Series Assault, which have a notched camo ring and are pretty spendy.

On the Ion's, the trim rings are extra, and you have to buy each color seperately. I'd rock them in black with a red ring if they were available.

#4 icecoled007

icecoled007

• Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:52 PM

The one I showed said its avalible for an s10 is that the wrong size

#5 silverbullet2005

silverbullet2005
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Riding Motorcycles dirt/street<br>working on cars/trucks<br>

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:15 PM

The listing says the wheels only have a 4" backspacing unless that changes with truck model.

#6 TrUcKeR

TrUcKeR
  • 10,061 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:28 PM

OK.... before you get flamed for not already knowing why these particular wheels won't work, because it HAS been discussed, I will explain.

You are looking at a 15x10 wheel. With a 4" BS no less. That wheel is going to stick out 5 inches more than your stock wheel.

If you only intend on driving in a straight line, fine. Otherwise you need a lift and a 12.50 or 13.50 wide tire to run those, not to mention an account with the local parts store for all the BJ's you will be replacing on a bi-monthly basis.

If you want those rims, get the 15x8 w/ 4" BS (i think that's all they offer), and either do a Body lift, t-bar crank, or serious trimming to retain the ability to TURN your wheels.

There are very few Big Dawgs here that run a 10 inch wide wheel, for very good reason.

Start reading existing threads, and you will answer your own questions before you even ask. tongue.gif Nice Blaz, btw.

Edited by mnschneider, 24 March 2007 - 03:59 PM.

#7 EZE

EZE
  • ZR2 Owner
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:08 PM

Like said, no way in hell those wheels are going to fit any of our trucks unless its reallly modded. I got the streetlocks with 4.5bs a year ago, I looked around for 3 months at every available wheel and there are very few out there. That wheel is not one that will fit

#8 f9k9

f9k9
  • Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:15 PM

A thoughtful "sticky" might be in order to show members on ways to perform a proper search may be in order here on the site.. I am over 50 and have been dealing with forums for only 3 years and am still learning on how to search.

Having a Jeep Beater, I have been hammered hard by search nazis on their forums. I search long and hard and have either failed to find an answer to my question or some "a"hole shows me how much better at a searching that he is compared to me. I can try to show ideas on searching but, am sure others are much more qualified.

#9 icecoled007

icecoled007

• Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:07 AM

Ok, can someone post a link to some rims? I cant seem to find any besides the camo ones..........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users