He SWEPT the votes!

• Sponsored Member
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:22 PM

Looks like the ZR2 is back!

1479238779075.jpg

http://media.chevrol...s/1115-zr2.html

http://truckyeah.jal...d-ra-1789023826

The ZR2 is effectively a segment of one, combining the nimbleness and maneuverability of a mid-size pickup with a host of new off-road features and the most off-road technology of any vehicle in its segment.

Compared to a standard Colorado, the ZR2 features a much wider track and a lifted suspension. Functional rockers have been added for better performance over rocks and obstacles, and the front and rear bumpers have been modified for better off-road clearance.

Class-exclusive features include front and rear electronic locking differentials, available diesel engine, and the first off-road application of Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve (DSSVTM) damper technology.

Compared to a Colorado Z71, the ZR2 has a more aggressive side profile, with the suspension lifted two inches for greater ground clearance. The steel-tube, functional rocker protectors will be standard equipment on the ZR2, and are strong enough to protect the body side while dragging the truck against a rock face.

The ZR2 also features 17 x 8 inch aluminum wheels, in a pattern exclusive to the ZR2, wrapped in 31-inch Goodyear Duratrac off-road tires for exceptional traction. 

The front and rear track has been widened by three-and-a-half inches, with new cast-iron control arms for greater durability in off-road situations. As a result, the ZR2 offers greater wheel travel and stability while traversing steep grades.

The front bumper of the ZR2 has tapered ends, to increase the tire clearance when approaching obstacles. The bumper also integrates a thick, aluminum skid plate protecting the radiator and engine oil pan, while the transfer case is protected by an additional shield. Above the bumper, the ZR2 features a more aggressive grille and hood – with black insert – to complement the other exterior changes.

A bed-mounted spare tire carrier, seen on reveal vehicles at the Los Angeles Auto Show, will be available as an accessory. “The bed-mounted spare tire adds a rugged look to ZR2, and serves a functional purpose. By relocating the spare to the bed, ZR2’s departure is improved and prevents any damage to the spare when you’re crawling over obstacles,” said Scheer.

#2 N2O_ZR2

N2O_ZR2

Italians do it better

• Elite Subscribed Member
  • 28,838 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:49 PM

Cool, but i'm going to guess mid-upper $40k

#3 jwwaldschmidt

jwwaldschmidt

Chief smoke-a-motor

• Administrators
  • 19,221 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:18 PM

Might have just changed my new truck wish.

#4 jderekt

jderekt
  • 2,861 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, reloading, wheeling, camping, fishing

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:35 PM

Hell yea!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

#5 ZR2DAN

ZR2DAN
  • ZR2 Owner
  • 1,441 posts
  • Interests:Photography, motocross, trucks & cars, dogs, music, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:15 AM

Better just get two of them then...

#6 Captn. Crunch

Captn. Crunch

Rich the Astro van man!

• Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Land Speed Racing antique Harley's

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:01 AM

Yes! Finally! I've been emailing GM monthly ever since they previewed the prototype a while back so ya I got this done! Anyway, I like what they're done with the badge. Dual lockers and a diesel should be fun. Initial reports on the diesel are that its down on power in highway passing situations but otherwise a fine little engine.
I ended every email with a plea to also bring back the Astro/Safari van which has not been produced since 05. I tell them to put a van body on this new Z frame and make all drivetrain options available from rwd to lockered 4x4. They where almost there with the AWD van here's to hoping they do it again and finish it this time

#7 wannabridin

wannabridin
  • Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:37 AM

Good lord am I pumped for this!  I will more than likely be selling the Z and my tdi jetta for one of these...

#8 N2O_ZR2

N2O_ZR2

Italians do it better

• 28,838 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:39 PM

Better just get two of them then...

Probably can't even afford to lease a base model.

#9 Keviness®

Keviness®

"Yer Keviness" (aka n00b Admin)

• Administrators
  • 14,975 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

Very cool!

#10 6speedblazer

6speedblazer
  • Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 1,849 posts
  • Interests:cars, guns, and women. the three most expensive hobbies known to man

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:37 AM

Just talked to my buddy at the GM plant. He said they are getting ready to start production on these any day, engineering is putting the final touches on the automation. Then he asked if i wanted a job. LMFAO

#11 atvspeed4

atvspeed4
  • Subscribed GM Owner
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:08 AM

I wonder what size tires will fit on it stock...the H3/ H3T clears 35s stock but came with 33s

#12 swillbee

swillbee
  • Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 1,097 posts
  • Interests:Guns, movies, fine handcrafted ales & of course my Zr2.

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

I'LL BE TALKING TO SANTA THIS YEAR!!

#13 brian76708

brian76708
  • Former ZR2 owner Subscribed
  • 4,648 posts
  • Interests:I HAZ SAMICH

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

#14 brian76708

brian76708
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:40 PM

I wonder what size tires will fit on it stock...the H3/ H3T clears 35s stock but came with 33s

They are coming stock with 31s. They have a decent amount of travel, so i doubt you will be able to fit much more tire on it. 

#15 PhillyZR2

PhillyZR2
  • ZR2 Owner
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:03 PM

Hey now!!

#16 N2O_ZR2

N2O_ZR2

Italians do it better

• 28,838 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:12 PM

They are coming stock with 31s. They have a decent amount of travel, so i doubt you will be able to fit much more tire on it. 

I bet a 33

#17 brian76708

brian76708
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:45 PM

I bet a 33

Unless the video I posted is wrong its a 31.

#18 jwwaldschmidt

jwwaldschmidt

Chief smoke-a-motor

• Administrators
  • 19,221 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:47 PM

I really want one, but the engine options are killer. Obviously I have a preference towards a diesel, but it seems anemic at least on paper. I don't want a v6 truck either. If they had a 5.3L option, I'd be way more interested. A 6.2 option and I'd already be at the dealership with my deposit haha

#19 N2O_ZR2

N2O_ZR2

Italians do it better

• 28,838 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:39 PM

I bet a 33

Unless the video I posted is wrong its a 31.

I mean I think it'll clear a 33. 

#20 jderekt

jderekt
  • 2,861 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, reloading, wheeling, camping, fishing

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:04 PM

I really want one, but the engine options are killer. Obviously I have a preference towards a diesel, but it seems anemic at least on paper. I don't want a v6 truck either. If they had a 5.3L option, I'd be way more interested. A 6.2 option and I'd already be at the dealership with my deposit haha

I wouldn't expect a V8 option considering what they are offering, and the options are way better than what was ever offered before (as we all know). And don't discount the little D-Max. It runs better than you might expect. And lordy just think of all that awesome torque way down low and the mileage. :D

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users