• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#1 cknaffle

cknaffle

grumpy old man

• Administrators
  • 18,853 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:05 AM

I've formally started my own business and will continue to manufacture the things I have in the past, but I need more if I'm going to keep afloat. If I can't make this business profitable, production of the Knaffle-Ized line of products that hundreds of ZR2 owners have on their vehicles today will come to an end.

So, the question for the ZR2 community is............what can I make for you????
As of now, I will offer the following products available exclusively through Synergy Offroad
rear axle lift shackles
rocker panel protecting rock sliders
hidden winch mount
2" receiver tubes to replace tow hooks
There has also been talks of a bolt-on prerunner type grille guard. There may also be SFA swap parts (crossmembers, rear spring mounts, shock hoops, etc.) coming soon. We're in the process of putting together and engine chain-down kit to prevent breaking engine mounts. Sorry guys, bumpers aren't going to happen for sure.

So, boys and girls, speak up if you can think of something that I need to make.

#2 cknaffle

cknaffle

grumpy old man

• Administrators
  • 18,853 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:06 AM

And for everybody that keeps asking when when when when. I'm nearly done with my garage. I expect to be welding the week after Thanksgiving, powdercoating everything shortly after that for shipments before Christmas. Not a promise, just my best estimate.
Chris

#3 Greg Mucher

Greg Mucher
  • Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 1,353 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Off roading, any kind of outdoor activity so I can spend time in the woods or water.

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:29 AM

i have a few ideas One would be a spare tire carrier for the bed. Another would be a light bar that sit on the bed rails. Heim joint replacement for tie rods (including the tube bent to fit lifted and non lifted trucks and the welded bungs) like these bulletproofsteering.com

#4 Jigg

Jigg

Synergy Offroad Owner

• ZR2USA Vendor
  • 6,946 posts
  • Interests:Stuff...

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:46 AM

Stinger teaser biggrin.gif :

user posted image

#5 jtg2004

jtg2004
  • Subscribed GM Owner
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:56 AM

i'd buy it in a heartbeat!!!!! and the tie rod ends too!!

#6 TrailTamer

TrailTamer

What?!? I can't hear you!

• Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:45 AM

readit.gif user posted image

#7 cknaffle

cknaffle

grumpy old man

• Administrators
  • 18,853 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:09 AM

Oh sure, that's an easy one. Did you want it to bolt on the OEM Blazer rack or what?

#8 TrUcKeR

TrUcKeR
  • Former ZR2 owner Subscribed
  • 10,067 posts
  • Interests:Your mom

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

It's too bad you couldn't make tube bumper kits. Like, have the bumper, then have the pieces that need to be bolted to the truck seperate. Then it would be up to the purchaser to finish the fit and mount it. idea.gif

But I dig the idea of spare tire carrier and light bars. I wounder how close you could get to the idea of the tiregate without getting into trouble?

You could even do EXO kits? All pieces prefab'd and marked, and just need someone to weld it together? Probably be kind of hard to ship, unless it could all fit on a pallet.

#9 jtg2004

jtg2004
  • Subscribed GM Owner
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:42 AM

what about a light bar that had a higher hoop for forward facing lights and then a lower bar for rear facing lights? like the smaller hoop be the height of the one Brett posted and then have one about as high as the top of the rear window?

that would lots of stuff TM...i like the bumper idea tho...i'm sure you can come pretty close...just has to be different than the tiregate one...unless they have coined the whole thing of replacing the tail gate with a tire carrier...??

#10 Keviness®

Keviness®

"Yer Keviness" (aka n00b Admin)

• Administrators
  • 14,975 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:31 PM

Thats Awesome Chris rockon.gif

I have quite a few ideas right now. idea.gif Lets see

Yea Lightbars would be pretty badass. Especially if they just bolt to the OEM Blazer one. Then It would sit nice and clean and require no new drilling into the roof, except maybe for the power for lights.

Another Idea that I like, although Im not totally sure that this is a welded product, is some more light mounts that either come off the hood latches and through the wiper cowl Like Thor has or a plate that could go behind the mirror, kinda like Jeeps do. Again I'm not sure that these are welded projects so I'm not sure if thats something you would be interested in.

I really like the idea of pre-runners too. I dont know if you were thinking of a few diferent styles or what but I think that would be nice. I mean personally Im not a huge fan of pre-runners that have the rock crawling style hoop (i think thats the correct term) that sticks up taller than the hood. No offense to those of you that run these. But if you were to make a style thats lower and sorta like the ORI I'm sure there would be people who would buy one style and some people who would buy the other style.

I know a lot of people like the rollbars for their trucks, that might be something to look into as well. Although shipping would be a bitch im pretty sure. Maybe thats something that gets shipped in a few pieces and then the buyer has to finish?? Although I guess that kinda defeats the purpose of you starting the welding company....

Has anyone ever thought of Reciever tubes for the back of the vehicle? I mean a lot of people dont have hitches so a good recovery point would be helpfull (and safer). Plus some of the P/U guys may want to run them through a roll pan

Could Skid plates be a possibility?? I know those would sell good.

Well thats all I have. Again I dont know if some of that stuff you are not interested in making for whatever reason, but I figured I would throw them out there. thumup.gif

#11 dmp399

dmp399
  • Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

Are you just looking for ideas for items that you can ship or would custom work be available if brought to your address?

tie rods, light bars, maybe links pre fabed for link suspension

#12 cknaffle

cknaffle

grumpy old man

• Administrators
  • 18,853 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:44 PM

I'm always up for local custom work.

Keep em comin' guys! biggrin.gif

#13 drperry

drperry
  • Sponsored Member
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:4x4ing, working on the truck whenever I'm awake enough, anime and video games...

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:32 PM

Maybe a bolt on reciever for the body lifted crowd, one that tucks right under the bumper, factory style...

Side note: only 34 hours 41 minutes driving time! lmao

#14 drew

drew
  • Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:02 PM

Would that stinger be bolt-on to the tow hooks location?
Is it just a light bar, or will it have some strength to it?

#15 tyhackman15

tyhackman15
  • Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:52 PM

I would be interested in a prerunner/stinger of some kind thumup.gif

But it has to be able to work with trucks that have receiver tubes up front.

Edited by tyhackman15, 17 November 2007 - 02:53 PM.

#16 TrailTamer

TrailTamer

• Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (cknaffle @ Nov 17 2007, 11:09 AM)
Oh sure, that's an easy one. Did you want it to bolt on the OEM Blazer rack or what?

yeah, on OEM racks. but on the drivers side of the foot (the part that go under the rack's foot) got to have a hole or something to make be able to wire the power wire to get through. esically try to design a few different versions such as ones for KC, PIAA, HELLA, (spares or circles) which could affects on what/where mounts? oh, also have a hole to go through the tube to the foot and go in the cab. (CLEAN JOB, woohoo)

also my other idea.... is a version thats for S-10 rockon.gif

user posted image

#17 Canadian Highrider

Canadian Highrider

The "New" Guy

• Administrators
  • 2,811 posts
  • Interests:If it's got a motor or processor, chances are I'm into it.

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:00 PM

Any chance of making a light bar like LS1's?

#18 jtg2004

jtg2004
  • Subscribed GM Owner
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Canadian Highrider @ Nov 17 2007, 04:00 PM)
Any chance of making a light bar like LS1's?

LS1MikesTruck.gif

#19 XxFOLLICKxX

XxFOLLICKxX
  • ZR2 Owner
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:35 PM

tie rod ends, rear tube bumpers. and some kind of stinger bar or a animal style winch bumber would be cool.

#20 TrailTamer

TrailTamer

• Subscribed ZR2 Owner
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:50 PM

I'll be very pumped if you can build something like the tacoma in this thread (rear bumper)

http://www.zr2usa.co...topic=19933&hl=

user posted image

Edited by TrailTamer, 17 November 2007 - 07:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users