Zr2USA.com
GreenLantern99

Greenlantern99's New Daily driver

Even though I put the lantern on hold for a while, I knew I couldn't stay just away from a ZR2 for long. I Just recently sold my 06' Sierra Z71 Crew and picked up an 01' black Z with 165k miles. IMG_1597.JPG.3eb5b21ef712f50365db2da248bcd115.JPGIMG_1598.JPG.dd00a71646326cde2bf838de063d5d95.JPG

Looks spotless from the pictures right? That's what I thought too. It ended up having a few nicks and scratches and a couple little dings that I wasn't expecting. A little more than what I was looking for, but not a deal breaker and I wasn't going home empty handed after traveling 8 hours round trip. Besides, it's not like I'd find one any nicer down here anyway. Drives like a new truck as far as handling and braking goes, made me realize how big a piece the lantern really was. Interior is pretty clean, there's a couple of things that need replacing but nothing serious at all.

On my way home, I'm pretty sure the torque converter took a dump. It's making some weird noises and is taking forever to lock up. Still has a little bit of warranty left from when the trans got rebuilt so I am going to make the most of that, but that means I have to make another 8 hour round trip. Fml. All else fails, I know I have a working donor in the garage, along with a good motor and t-case. The plans for the lantern have changed, so I won't be needing them anyway. I also have TONS of new aftermarket parts that I'm not going to use on the lantern that can be used on this truck. 

Plans are:

-Swap out wheels and tires with the lantern

-Order another radio to replace the crap one (double din swap eventually). JL CP108LG to replace the gaudy sub box that's in it already. 

-Maybe fix some of the body depending on how much 

-Spray in Bullet bed liner

-Color match grille, bumpers, and flares

-Exhaust maybe, kind of like something quiet for a change though.

-Put all the aftermarket crap that I originally intended for the other Z on this one.

-RC 2.5" to level. 

-Duratracs

-1 ton idler

-Good tune

I'm sure there will be some other mentionables but none I can think of now.

My WeatherTechs came in today. This is my 2nd set, I had fronts rear, and trunk mats for my 5th gen camaro. I really can't say enough about these things, they fit like a glove and are well worth the money. Pretty aesthetically pleasing as well.IMG_1610.thumb.JPG.7c9139e417459da66616564f1e9083c6.JPGIMG_1611.thumb.JPG.183bc46d8f70da9cc92d59ca4a6f4983.JPG

Also put in the headlights and taillights that I ordered a few years ago for the other ZR2. Not sure if I like them yet. Especially the taillights. IMG_1614.thumb.JPG.d401961bf281b1d9aa0e11b10703204f.JPG

14 minutes ago, Blackhighrider said:

Sharp looking truck!

I just did the exact opposite. Sold my 03 ZR2 and bought an 05 Sierra. lol 

Thanks! It's still got a ways to go before it's as clean as your 03 was. That's where I got the ideas for the weather techs and bravada knobs. I hope your Sierra treats you better than mine did me. That thing was a money pit! 

Speaking of the Sierra, I took the cigarette lighter out and put a bass knob in its place before I sold it. It almost looked factory, the guy who bought it said he looked over it a million times before he noticed it. I'm going to try to do the same thing with the DC outlet in the ash tray on this one. I think it'll fit but I'm not sure.IMG_1574.thumb.JPG.b64d65d9b1fac2f800c5897c7518e381.JPG

Hidden bass knob where cigarette lighter used to be:IMG_1746.thumb.JPG.9193da4d00ec6f7e90089e4fecc5cf33.JPG

Ken wood KMM-BT518HD deck, JL Audio CP108LG and an old 400 watt amp I've had in several other vehicles. Jump seat still has room to flip down:IMG_1735.thumb.JPG.763a6a7866f624c6c02a015213c8a099.JPG

Edited by GreenLantern99
Missing info

Cut out a piece of ABS plastic to replace the CD holder. I'll eventually mount switches in here too but for now, it's just a USB port connected to the deck.IMG_1741.thumb.JPG.faea991b6eaf2cad70c2bc4300b9d761.JPGIMG_1742.thumb.JPG.7c17e54f648739e8b67a13215e46f748.JPG

All 4 new moog ball joints, new CV axles, new hubs, new drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads all the way around. I have the 1 ton idler bracket and moog arm and pivot ready to go on as well, then off to get an alignment. Cranked stock keys just enough to clear these wheels and tires. Had to trim a little to keep from cranking any higher. 1.25" spacers on rear. I am working on ideas for coilovers right now because I detest torsion bars. After I get that all worked out, I'll pick it up a little higher so I can replace these AT3s with duratracs. Headlights, markers and tail lights are getting replaced soon. These eBay ones SUCK. I have a new aluminum 3rd door handle that I still need to put in too. Painting the grill, bumpers, and flares will be next.

IMG_1734.thumb.JPG.4696635c0cb9bfb4d1958e08a8ce675d.JPG