GreenLantern99

AFTERMARKET ZR2 FLARES FINALLY

13 posts in this topic

They look like quality and have a very reasonable price. Wish they would offer a bushwhacker style with pocket bolts since they went through all the trouble of making molds and putting them into production.

Curious though how it says it fits both the Blazer and the S10 without the ability to specify which model you have. I thought the arch size was different in the rear for Blazers and S10s.

If one of you guys buys these let us know how they work out, I personally don't think they'll work out but time will tell.  I do know that GM made some like the ZR2 uses that had a fender lip attachment instead of the tabs the Blazer uses in the rear.  The S10 uses a bracket that attaches its flare in the rear.  I'm curious why they don't show a picture of the back side of their flares.  I'm betting this is why.  I'd also like to see their installation instructions for the product.

Someone over on Blazerforum bought a set of the 4dr flares. He posted pictures over there. They don't mold any kind of mounting solution into the flares at all.

How'd did that fella attach them, did he use rivets or?  You could get 4 flares from a yard for less than that and you'd still have to find a way to mount them.

Crazy glue

On 7/1/2017 at 9:38 PM, eshaw said:

How'd did that fella attach them, did he use rivets or?  You could get 4 flares from a yard for less than that and you'd still have to find a way to mount them.

He decided not to use them. And yes but factory ZR2 flares have provisions on the flares to mount to the fender. The Jungle flares had literally no way to mount. Just a shell.

Do they have a lip on the outside for 3m tape? If so you could use that and use self tappers on the inside of the fender on the lip. Or also use push clips. That's how a lot of the factory full size flares were mounted.

Posted (edited)

I just bought a set of these Jungle Fender Flares, I'll be putting them on in a week or so. I'll let you know how it goes. They don't have any fastener type tabs or any holes drilled like a factory one, but they do look good. So, we'll see.

Edited by kickitrick

can't wait to see em!!

On 7/11/2017 at 10:19 AM, kickitrick said:

I just bought a set of these Jungle Fender Flares, I'll be putting them on in a week or so. I'll let you know how it goes. They don't have any fastener type tabs or any holes drilled like a factory one, but they do look good. So, we'll see.

If you could, please take some pictures of the backside of the flare so we can see exactly what there is to work with

Interested to see how they turn out!