Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blue BlaZeR2 93

Rough country 2 inch install

30 posts in this topic

Adjusted the keys down today and did a driveway alignment. Went down to 37 1/4 on both sides in the front and the rear settled at 37.5 on the passenger side and 37 on the driver so close enough. Seem to have got some ride quality back but I think the only way to make it feel even close to stock in going back to Bilstein shocks. If mine weren't starting to get pretty rusty on the bottom I would put them back on. 

For those keeping track of my height numbers I'm only 1 1/4 inches higher in front than when I started. If I had to do this over I would piece together my own kit.  For those wanting to stay under 1 1/2 inches of crank which I recommend for every reason, I would get the rough country control arms, shackles, and rear sway bar brackets if you want to keep it. Then get the superlift long add a leaf if you have saggy leaves or want it for the help towing. New bilstein factory spec shocks and either rancho or rough country steering stabilizer. The rough country drop was not worth the hassle for the better angles unless you are cranking 2+ inches over stock. Had I known I wouldn't be able to stand the harsh ride cranked that high I would have skipped it. 

I will be buying new bilsteins next year I'm not a fan of how crappily the rcx shocks take medium to bigger bumps. For people who don't care about ride quality I highly recommend this whole kit. For those who do want a good ride still stay under the 1.5" mark and piece together the parts I mentioned and you should be pretty satisfied. 

When you get ready for a double din bezel let me know and I'll fix you up with one if you want one in charcoal.   I think I have about 4 of them on the shelf.

8 hours ago, eshaw said:

When you get ready for a double din bezel let me know and I'll fix you up with one if you want one in charcoal.   I think I have about 4 of them on the shelf.

I have the light grey interior unfortunately would much rather have the charcoal. Do you have any in that color?

Unfortunately no light grey, all charcoal.  You could always have it painted.