iCrash

Color Theme Options?

17 posts in this topic

For some reason I can't reply to anything in the Site Info Forum (probably a permissions thing). But anyway how can I change the color theme to a black background?

Posted (edited)

Same issue for me...  Also cannot update my profile, the software keeps telling me the state I live in and the year of my vehicle are not acceptable field inputs.  Tried to take a screen shot, but my computer sucks.

Edited by babydeuce

Let me look into it guys. Theme-wise, I'm sure there's a way. I'll check the permissions for the "Subscribed ZR2 Owner" group also.

Give me some time and I'll get you some updates!

I uploaded a theme, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually use it on the forum side. If any of you guys can see it on your ends, please let me know. It's called "Black Chrome".

I also think I fixed the profile pages, please try again and advise.

Profile seems to be working now...I do not see anyway to change the color setting or "theme", I am on a laptop running chrome.

Testing pic uploads...

SDC11124.JPG

OMG, it so nice to be able to upload pics/files direct from my computer!

While it is possible, I'll have to monitor that. The more files we upload, the more space we use, which means higher monthly costs.

I might be looking at a yearly subscription model to allow uploads. We'll see how it goes. If ad revenue is high enough, I have no problems leaving it as is.

Facebook sign-in should also be enabled. I've got to come up with a Privacy Policy so I can enable the sharing of posts from this forum to Facebook - hopefully that will help bring some of the traffic from the ZR2 Facebook page back over here.

Planning to add Google sign in also, but it's giving me some errors and I'm out of time to mess with it today.

1 hour ago, jwwaldschmidt said:

While it is possible, I'll have to monitor that. The more files we upload, the more space we use, which means higher monthly costs.

I might be looking at a yearly subscription model to allow uploads. We'll see how it goes. If ad revenue is high enough, I have no problems leaving it as is.

Agreed, PDF are nice, especially for wiring diagrams, etc. but they are rather large.  Feel free to delete the "test" load to save space.

Does the forum software have an option to automatically resize photos? If so that would be a huge save of space. I know if you put restrictions on size then that might inhibit people who are less tech savy from uploading useful content.

I looked around and couldn't find how to change to "Black Chrome"

Is the map on the root page ever going to be functional again? Maybe we can utilize Google Maps or something similar to make a new one?

45 minutes ago, iCrash said:

Does the forum software have an option to automatically resize photos? If so that would be a huge save of space. I know if you put restrictions on size then that might inhibit people who are less tech savy from uploading useful content.

I looked around and couldn't find how to change to "Black Chrome"

Is the map on the root page ever going to be functional again? Maybe we can utilize Google Maps or something similar to make a new one?

There does appear to be an option to resize, and I will play with that as time goes on.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the theme, but I'll contact tech support next week regarding that.

I personally have no interest in making the map functional again. I do think Google Maps has some functionality that would allow us to plot ourselves out, and maybe we can look into that in the future.

10 hours ago, babydeuce said:

Testing pic uploads...

SDC11124.JPG

Damn I really like those wheels. :thumbup:

Posted (edited)

Started a map if anyone cares to add themselves. So basically if you are in a different state than me (NJ) add a new layer and name it that state and add yourself with a photo of your Z if you want. I wouldn't necessarily add your location at our home address. I just put mine in the center of town.

Edited by iCrash
fixed link

No clue if I did it correctly, but I am on the map

I am on the map too. Made a little change to the layer name to ZR2USA members.

:thumbup: