Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackhighrider

My 2005 Sierra

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I've wanted a clean low mileage GMT800 pickup forever now, but all of the ones I've found always seem to be beat up or have a ton of miles on them. I finally ran across this one in Dallas the other day. I had a friend of mine go look at it, then I flew up there yesterday and drove it home!

2005 Sierra SLT Leather, Bose, power folding mirrors. Owned by an 83 year old man that doesn't really drive anymore. The best thing about it - less than 30,000 original miles when I picked it up. It still has new car smell! I noticed it still has the stickers on the muffler and everything underneath from the factory. It also has the original tires on it - which won't be there for long. I picked it up for $16,500.

This is how it looked when I picked it up.

BZlMtFg.jpg

2cffdeK.jpg

ZHiAEpm.jpg

Last night when I got home I pulled it directly into my shop and removed all that chrome shit.

2Dj6uFd.jpg

043K4hD.jpg

3My84hr.jpg

I plan on leveling the front & putting some nice tires, maybe wheels on it as well. First thing I'm gonna do is tint the windows.

Edited by Blackhighrider

Nice find! Super clean truck!

Is that an L5P Duramax I see sitting next to it?

Thanks man!

Ha, yes it is! Our new tow pig/garage ornament. lol

2017 High Country. We traded in our 09 LMM. I honestly never really cared for that one too much. It was tuned/deleted. I think this one stock would damn near keep up with our old one. It's a beast. I'm going install a gooseneck in it this weekend. Can't wait to see how it tows our horse trailer.

IMG_7564_zpsqng6hkpi.jpg

Thanks man!

Ha, yes it is! Our new tow pig/garage ornament. lol

2017 High Country. We traded in our 09 LMM. I honestly never really cared for that one too much. It was tuned/deleted. I think this one stock would damn near keep up with our old one. It's a beast. I'm going install a gooseneck in it this weekend. Can't wait to see how it tows our horse trailer.

Damn super nice! High Country no less. I have kept myself away from the dealers because I know if I drive one, my LML is getting traded. Lol

As I have read they are a beast. I guess GM really hit it out of the park with this motor.

Yeah, and the interior on this gen Silverado is unbelievable. Sooo much better quality than our 09.

Posted (edited)

So I tinted the front windows of this thing the other night after work and today I cleaned it up a bit more. I also tapped into the XM radio and added an auxiliary input. I figured the stereo was one of the first things I'd change... But I really don't mind this factory Bose for the time being. It is a million times better than my ZR2's radio.

I pulled the ZR2 out of the shop and took a picture with it. The guy is coming from San Antonio next weekend to pick it up.

hwS2hcA.jpg

Edited by Blackhighrider

Finally got around to putting my air horns on this thing.

Posted (edited)

So I ordered some cheap eBay clear headlights  and they were just that - shitty garbage, not to mention I think the crystal clear lenses are cheesy looking. So I tore them apart and put the clear reflectors in my OEM housings. I think they look perfect. Now I just need to find some turn signals that aren't completely clear.

bSJYbh4.jpg

zbWLt2N.jpg

ZnaDB1c.jpg

dnJ1jQr.jpg

aN9LZte.jpg

I think I've also narrowed my wheel selection down to what I want. I'm really leaning towards a set of K2XX All Terrain wheels.

post-135785-141640364212.jpg

Edited by Blackhighrider

I love those wheels, GM has really hit a home run from the factory on the late model trucks with wheel choice.

I totally agree. They have some great looking wheels now. 

I planned on ditching the wheels on this thing right off the bat... But even these don't look horrible compared to what used to be offered on the HD trucks. I despised the big chrome 5 star wheels on the previous Silverados. I do plan on ditching all the chrome on the front though - similar to a Midnight Edition. I may end up ditching the wheels then. I still have the urge to buy some PY0's. They're my favorite HD wheels ever

IMG_9640_zpsyj0td5b5.jpg

Only crummy thing with the PYO's is the limited width. Severely limits the tire possibilities.

I'll probably just leave what's on there for now, eventually I'll level it out and put some decent tires on it.  That thing sits in my shop most of the time. The GMC is what I drive every day, I'm gonna focus on getting it the way I want before doing anything to the Silverado. 

Posted (edited)

Going to pick some parts off this thing tomorrow evening... 

00000_koJQaKuVof9_1200x900.jpg

I wish I had something similar under my hood!

747e1058120c124e_05c0a60b0289ec.jpg

Edited by Blackhighrider

Snag that hood and go fast stuff

I think he's already ripped all the goodies under the hood off. I thought about making him an offer on the hood - but would you guys trust something that's been burnt? I guess as long as it didn't warp it or anything.

So it looks like I'm not going to get the parts off of it anyway. He has it advertised as a 2004, but I Googled the inventory number from the windshield sticker and that took me to the auction site.. which gave me the vin. It's actually a 2002. Silver Birch Metallic wasn't offered on those until 04 I believe. This one is Pewter Metallic, damn it. 

Piece of shit Photobucket finally died off. I think I have all my links fixed now to my imgur account.

Scored this locking storage box today off Craigslist for $25. New it was $338!!

9k0ynTE.jpg

ynD9gp2.jpg

mUoqmyI.jpg

2 hours ago, Blackhighrider said:

Piece of shit Photobucket finally died off. I think I have all my links fixed now to my imgur account.

Scored this locking storage box today off Craigslist for $25. New it was $338!!

9k0ynTE.jpg

ynD9gp2.jpg

mUoqmyI.jpg

Damn thats a hell of a deal! I have a storage unit under my rear seat, just not a locking type. Love how much they will hold.

Posted (edited)

I kept all the LEDs from the Yukon and swapped them into this truck. Just had to get some for the door courtesy lights. They are stupid bright lol 

zb933MHOj6Dw6UQwByxrlfZNxroKm7Fl8ACX4Agj

XoWZ6cfFGrMyHMRe-CzLvR4w9sJXt6sFjcSeuB2X

I also wanted some color matched Denali/Escalade mirrors with puddle lights, but all the used ones I find are trashed and any I've been finding on eBay are overpriced or the wrong color. So I ordered the smooth mirror caps I am going to paint in the next couple weeks and came up with my own solution for puddle lights. Next comes color matched door/tailgate handles.

N7MRIec2xFZBa3BWW5CitFG2fo_n1sxlTkBsEAgW

rq0uXshTlLSouG8cORERLqmgYbrf150abRRW3TvB

Edited by Blackhighrider

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0