Keviness®

Dunes 2017

79 posts in this topic

When is everyone thinking?

Normally it would be June 16-18 but I'm definitely out that weekend.

So I'm going to suggest June 9-11 or 23-25.

Thoughts?

I'm pretty much in for whatever we will just have to get them scheduled soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I vote for 9-11 weekend.

The race in Brooklyn is the weekend after so I wouldn't hit all that traffic! :thumbup:

21-24 is ignace, what are you doing 16-18 Kevin?

Shit, i'll be in virginia beach 9-11

16-18 I'm out of town with family stuff.

What about doing the big one in July?

I was just going to say that, or May.

Posted (edited)

Why don't we ask cknaffle which weekend he prefers,he is going to have a long drive to get there! :D

Edited by gregg6668

I was just going to say that, or May.

May will be pretty cold still

Why don't we ask cknaffle which weekend he prefers,he is going to have a long drive to get there!

I doubt he will come.

May would be awesome since I think a decent amount of people aren't as busy in May as they are in June and July. Parking lot wouldn't be as full either but those late June weekends can be a ton of fun. I know a decent amount of younger people are planning on going this year from the Michigan ZR2 FB page. I think a lot of us younger people didn't realize this annual trip was a thing that happened until last year.

I've never been to the dunes... But also haven't been to a meet since 2007 in Hot Springs.

Since I moved to Texas, that's a bit of a haul for me. But I fly for free... maybe I should just fly in, rent something 4x4 and come beat the shit out of it there? lol

May would be awesome since I think a decent amount of people aren't as busy in May as they are in June and July. Parking lot wouldn't be as full either but those late June weekends can be a ton of fun. I know a decent amount of younger people are planning on going this year from the Michigan ZR2 FB page. I think a lot of us younger people didn't realize this annual trip was a thing that happened until last year.

You guys need to leave the Facebook world and spend time here. Much better advice and easier to search for stuff.

Yup, unfortunately that's how a lot of forums have slowed down.

I've been here 11 years now... Don't post as much anymore, but still check it every day. lol

I'm thinking I'll probably do June 16-18 anyway, but what weekend would we want in July?

Might as well just turn this website off....

Noooooooo

Sent via Snapchat 🙄

Edited by Captn. Crunch

I totally agree the forum gives much better advice but FB is easy. I'm up there all the time it seems. June 16-18 works for me July 9-11 might work.

I'll go whenever. I think most people are flexible enough we need to just decide on a date. And as much as I like the forum better than the website we need to publicize this on Facebook too since there's more people and activity on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

July 14-16 would be doable if everyone gets their sites the second registration opens. The weekend before that is still filled with everyone up for the 4th.

Why don't we ask cknaffle which weekend he prefers,he is going to have a long drive to get there! :D

1.5 hours to Glamis to Dumont or like 40-something to Silver Lake. Hmmm........ :P

I've never been to the dunes... But also haven't been to a meet since 2007 in Hot Springs.

Since I moved to Texas, that's a bit of a haul for me. But I fly for free... maybe I should just fly in, rent something 4x4 and come beat the shit out of it there? lol

It's been done many times. The problem is you're at the mercy of the rental car companies for what vehicle you get. The other option is to rent any car, then rent a Jeep at the dunes. A lot more $$$ but you're guaranteed something that can get around out there.

Someone on the Silver Lake Facebook page said they rented a U-Haul pickup once for dunes. $20 a day :lol:

I'm gonna doubt their insurance policy covers that if you wreck it...

Just tell me when to book a site and I'm there.