Zr2USA.com
ebarsy

6" Superlift HELP!!!

ebarsy   

For starters, I have an '01 Blazer ZR2. I'm in the process of installing a 6" Superlift I'm all but done, I'm installing the torsion bars and I've noticed that the passenger LCA seems to be sitting about an inch forward also the calipers are pigeon toed inward. Any ideas as to how this may have occurred?

xtrmes10   

You will need to adjust the alignment. That should correct all that. Play with the upper control arm bolts. You will see how much everything moves

ebarsy   

Thank you all for the responses. I figured it out, I had a buddy helping me out and he didn't measure properly before installing the drop brackets for the and one side was sitting about an inch behind the other, that with the combination of me not aligning it yet or even properly rotating the cam bolts for that matter made a couple small issues seem like one huge issue. I'm working on the add a leaf now though. Has anyone done this before? I'm trying to figure out how to get the leaf in without cutting the c brackets off, I don't have a torch to bend them.

TBrovont   

I used a pry bar to bend my brackets up enough to get the leaf in and then bend them back around with a clamp or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebarsy   

I used a pry bar to bend my brackets up enough to get the leaf in and then bend them back around with a clamp or something

I ended up using a similar method, I used a tie rod separator fork and pried them open.

ebarsy   

12932800_614061008742000_542839361094460

I've still got some more work to do but I got the lift on. I need to extend the rear brake lines, install the rear shocks, install both sway bars, crank up the torsion bars, modify the exhaust to fit the new placement of the driveshaft, and get an alignment. But all the heavy lifting is done and I'm stoked with the way the wheels and tires look.

TBrovont   

Looks really good! I wouldn't go much higher with the torsion bars IMO

Nice!

I ended up pulling the rear apart on mine after driving it for a week with the AAL. Rode like a fucking lumber wagon :thumbdown: Took it out and it was 10x better, and I didn't have to go so high on the TBs to keep it levelish.

ebarsy   

I just cranked them a little bit, the first picture I put them in and only turned them a few times. I wanted to get the rear on and then adjust them up to level it out opposed to having to lower it down. I ran out of sunlight today I only had a couple hours after work. In the morning I have install the front sway bar and bleed the brakes then all that's left is getting it aligned. This is where it's at right now, from the rear tire to the fender is 10.75" and the front is 11". My drive isn't completely flat so I'm going to find a parking lot and level it out perfect while I'm driving it around town tomorrow. 1936153_614521242029310_5897730829504637,

Robsteez   

Looks good! Seen this one on instagram. that blue is probably my favourite color that the S series had to offer.

Edited by Robsteez

ebarsy   

What tire size are you running?

I'm running a 33x12.5 BFG A/T KO2. I got it out to really test if for the first time, shook a few bolts loose but had all my tools and tightened em back up and used a little lock tight. had a blast in it. With that clearance and those tires there isn't much I struggled with around here. 12973100_617432925071475_91221429664817113010629_618038171677617_77805835358902012993411_618038178344283_549075383060412

g3tblunt   

Very nice reminds me of how my rig looked before i wrecked it.

ebarsy   

So it's been a little over a year since I installed the kit, my ZR2 will not hold an alignment for anything. I keep getting negative camber. Has anyone else had a similar issue with theres? 

I seem to remember guys having to tack weld the camber bolts to keep them in place. I don't have any first hand experience myself, though.

On 5/29/2017 at 0:41 PM, jwwaldschmidt said:

I seem to remember guys having to tack weld the camber bolts to keep them in place. I don't have any first hand experience myself, though.

Yup, lots of folks tack weld them. I haven't had an issue with mine, although I probably don't have more than 3K on mine LOL.

I believe a lot of it has to do with wheel selection, use, and parts used. 

Did you get new cam bolts? Or reuse old ones? 

Hell, my Z is stock and can't hold an alignment. Partly why it's parked right now, I'm afraid the frame is cracked but, haven't dug into it to make sure.

eshaw   

I can't seem to see the pics.  I get a message that says "URL signature expired".