Zr2USA.com
Megabuddys

My TurBlazer

I will just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dstNDsYN_C0

Soft launch, I let the small nitrous shot give him the boot. When you race sometimes you dont have time to get the boost built up so its easier to just launch it soft and use a bit of Juice to get the turbo up to speed.

Mods: Everything to make it look bone stock on the outside.

You could run a small shot on the hit with a hobbs switch to shut it off once boost comes in.

You could run a small shot on the hit with a hobbs switch to shut it off once boost comes in.

Already have that :) 10psi is when my second fuel pump turns on also.

https://youtu.be/Klfn9h8Ean4

The other night Screwing around. With The colder weather these All terrains arent hooking up so well. The engine sure loves cooler weather as all turbo vehicles do. First tiny squeek is 2wd. The teaser hits are in 4wd so thats 4 wheels spinning. (not factory diffs obviously) BTW no nitrous is being used. I have a different cam then the Race with the Mustang I posted above. Now the engine can breathe. I told comp cams I want to go fast not pull a trailer. It will still pull a trailer, just faster

Edited by Megabuddys

Wow man that thing buries the tach instantly! Do you mind sharing any details on motor/turbo combo and psi? If it's a racing secret I get it lol but at least some basics?

Turbo LS engine. Its grafted in to look like a Stock ZR2, and more importantly drives like a stock vehicle would. Forged bottom end LS with truck intake, giant fuel system, The only thing I didnt build was the Turbo manifold. Basically I can go get groceries, drive to California if needed, take the Kids to school. I like useful vehicles. Yeah, its a Toy really but it could be a daily. The last night driving vid is @ 14lbs of boost. I will be running about 20lbs of boost. Next year I want to do a bigger better turbo, as long as the trans holds up it should do 800+ to the tire. Pump gas with water/meth injection, custom Water to air intercooler system. Its only missing A/C. I kinda had to choose A/C or Turbo. Hmmm. LOL

Turbo LS engine. Its grafted in to look like a Stock ZR2, and more importantly drives like a stock vehicle would. Forged bottom end LS with truck intake, giant fuel system, The only thing I didnt build was the Turbo manifold. Basically I can go get groceries, drive to California if needed, take the Kids to school. I like useful vehicles. Yeah, its a Toy really but it could be a daily. The last night driving vid is @ 14lbs of boost. I will be running about 20lbs of boost. Next year I want to do a bigger better turbo, as long as the trans holds up it should do 800+ to the tire. Pump gas with water/meth injection, custom Water to air intercooler system. Its only missing A/C. I kinda had to choose A/C or Turbo. Hmmm. LOL

knowing how tight my 5.3 engine bay is, i cannot imagine having both a ac and a turbo in the engine bay. that is unless i wanted to get crazy and start having a LOT of custom parts.

Edited by 6speedblazer

Wow 800 sounds like so much fun! Lol an yes I would choose the turbo too haha thanks for the info that's really cool!

Bigger turbo. This is why I love this place. Meggabuddy-while I'm sure you're not looking forward to making it fit, I'm looking forward to watching it go when your done! Your rig is just nuts.

Wow! That was just pure insane! Fastest blazer I have ever seen. Awesome job man.

The big turbo install is done, taking it to a high end tuner so it's tuned right. I gave up tuning this turbo crap. I am a builder, not much of a computer geek.

What did you do with the front diff and suspension to make it live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iron Front Diff, EP limited slip... 1/2 ton 246 T case, Duramax front Shaft. (shortened) Factory Rebooted CV axles. The Front is chained to prevent too much lift and CV angle. I just leave the front chained, rear I have a hidden Torque arm underneath. Factory Rear with just a Yukon Duragrip.

Now its On 4 drag radials and I STILL have not boken anything.

I am being proactive... Building a 4l80e, better looser converter, 1 ton rear Driveshaft, Forged Yoke upgrade for the Rear Diff. Shooting for 9:70's @ 140+ MPH None of this stuff is installed yet. The 4l60e and Vigilante converter are still holding up. :)

Will have a 4l60e and converter for sale soon. 10.5 inch vigilante that is perfect daily driver/street use/ towing.. 2 Grand. Come take a ride before you buy? LOL