Zr2USA.com
ZR2BlazerBoy

ZR2 BlazerBoy's BlaZeR2 Build

Picked up a 2000 ZR2 Blazer for $1000 that needs some work. It needs a hood, windshield, passenger flares (hopefully on the way one new and one from junk yard) power locks do not work neither does the sunroof. Body is solid no rust. Mods im planning on doing are 2in body lift, rear shackles, torsion bars, cold air intake and 33s if they will fit with trimming.

post-19491-0-01641400-1380318722_thumb.jpg

post-19491-0-59716300-1380318732_thumb.jpg

post-19491-0-34390100-1380318735_thumb.jpg

Where is the cheapest place to get a Cowl Induction Hood?

I've been wanting to get one for awhile since I hit a turkey last year and insurance only bought me a new grill no hood. Damn $500 deductible bs :brickbash: But to answer your question I think i found a ram air hood for around 350 or so on andysautosport.com but that's not exactly cheap. They have many different ones that's just the one site I found the best price on.

Yea good luck finding some unless someone has some and don't know what they're worth or someone is very nice.

post-19491-0-36232200-1382571971_thumb.jpg

Before/after pictures of fenderpost-19491-0-56495000-1382572036_thumb.jpg

Bigger sized picture. Found that a wire for power locks was burnt to a crisp. After we fix that next comes the lift. Havent decided if suspension is worth it. Definitly going with 33s and either BL with torsion cranked and shackles or a 5in or 6in suspension.

Just a suggestion, and I dont know what your plans are exactly, but if you ever plan on wheeling/offroading I highly recommend suspension. You're gonna rub like crazy with just a bl, and also cranking the tbars is going to wear your front end prematurely. However, I ran just a bl/shackles for a few months, if I stayed on pavement it's fine, no problems, and IMO looked good. Again it all depends on your budget a BDS5, SL6 are not cheap, like a bl, by any means.

Looks good, yea with just a body lift you'll rub for sure with 33's. Go with a bds or sl and maybe keep a body lift with it? I'm sure it'll look great and you shouldn't have any rubbing then. :thumbup:

Saw rough country had 2.5 in for blazer (supposed to give around 2in for ZR2) heard lots of love and hate for it. Any opinions on it? I know uou have to remount because ZR2 stance.

New windshield was just put in, had tiny tiny crack in windsheild and would not pass inspection. All speakers are blown and back 2 will not make sound, going to test them and if they are all bad get 4 new and after inspection put in subs, CB, and lift it.

I think im going with RC and BL, $$$ of bigger lifts doesnt seem worth it. Howong did it take to put it on. BL are really easy was just wondering about the RC. After im done with eagle scout project we will get to work on the truck.

I think im going with RC and BL, $$$ of bigger lifts doesnt seem worth it. Howong did it take to put it on. BL are really easy was just wondering about the RC. After im done with eagle scout project we will get to work on the truck.

The body lift took me quite a few hours cause my gas tank was full. Made a huge mess just make sure your tank isn't full. The rcx lift took about the same amount of time just depends on what tools and equipment you have to work with.

Eagle scout project? I'm an eagle scout myself, good to see someone else doing the same.

Looks much better with the fenders! good work. I have a fairly new (to me) blue BlaZeR2 myself that needed some lovin when I bought her. I think that fixing all the bugs makes you appreciate the truck a little more.

Edited by jtorlando25

Got new door and rear speakers because all of them were blown. Doors are Kenwoods and rears are kickers. Got all 4 and a new radio for $200.

Has anyone gotten this roof rack just wondering if its any good, it will fit without covering sunroof and for $115 sounds like a good deal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luggage-Carrier-Basket-Roof-Rack-Cargo-Car-Top-Universal-47-x40-Large-SUV-New-/291028612985?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item43c2a83779

Decided on 2in body lift with 32s and either plastidipped stock rims or getting new ones if theres a good deal and I am getting a roof rack does anyone have any suggestions that dont brake the bank, looking for around $200 or less.