BobbyDuke

BobbyDuke's ZR2 Thread

58 posts in this topic

Got a splitter anyway. Took apart the ashtray liner, fully screwed in the wiring harness, nothing. Checked the fuses, nothing. The light in the ashtray isn't working either but it's most likely a bulb.

Running the splitter right now, coax out the back window and mag mount on the roof. Hopefully this week/weekend I'll get the radio mounted where the ashtray is and get some pictures.

EDIT:

YAY! More mechanical issues. Either the thermostat or the fan clutch went, every second I'm not moving the engine temp builds. I'm never going to get any mods done on this thing :lol:

EDIT 2: Moral of the story, check the obvious first. I had low antifreeze :sticksmack:

Edited by BobbyDuke

Starter arrived from RockAuto today, hopefully to get installed this weekend and get that problem taken care of.

As for the CB radio, I have a Cobra 19 without the bracket. I don't have the ability (nor the skill for that matter) to make my own. I've looked around radio shack and such for a mount but they only have full-size CB mounts. I already took out the ashtray to put it in there and the mount is the only thing holding me up.

EDIT: Starter installed, no longer grinding on start. Still haven't mounted the CB...just too cold out to do it haha.

Edited by BobbyDuke

Now that it's finally warm out again I can get to working on the Z.

Knocked out the hunter brush guard today:

tumblr_mnj5m7ktqP1rj1144o1_500.jpg

since it was raining, I had to steal my grandparents garage...which hasn't been cleaned since they got the house...

tumblr_mnj5jgqgRz1rj1144o1_500.jpg

LUCKY, I've always wanted a hunter on my truck as it's the only brush guard I'm a fan of.

By the way if you ever want to do some real wheeling hit me up I got a pretty good trail system about 5 minutes from my house. You can check out some of my vids here---> http://www.youtube.com/user/ajd2466/videos?view=0

With almost no drilling, I got my KC daylighters mounted. Wire was run from the battery up through the windshield cowl, down through the door and in through the power window rubber boot thing.

new2_zps42e8ff0d.jpg

LUCKY, I've always wanted a hunter on my truck as it's the only brush guard I'm a fan of.

By the way if you ever want to do some real wheeling hit me up I got a pretty good trail system about 5 minutes from my house. You can check out some of my vids here---> http://www.youtube.com/user/ajd2466/videos?view=0

I'd be down for that...the Z needs to see something more intense then some deep puddles :thumbup:

Edited by BobbyDuke

So here's the new list of things I'm planning, in order from most important to least

AD244 alternator or equivalant

Big Three upgrade

Synergy Offroad Winch/Recovery package

TB mod (finally!)

Finally finishing my CB install

Electric Fan (unknown type etc)

Edited by BobbyDuke

Posted (edited)

Let's see, 3 years later and here's where I'm at:

12k winch installed with the hidden winch mount. Optima yellowtop and AD244 alt installed. Still have yet to complete ANYTHING on the list. Although I have something big in the works in terms of paint. I'll avoid saying anything in-case it turns out like garbage and they'll be a bunch of "I told you so's" to go with it.

6axk5zQ.jpg

DSC_0082.png

Edited by BobbyDuke