ReDnekZ

New Wisconsin thread!

159 posts in this topic

Seem like in the last few months we've had a few new members from WI as well as a few not so new WI members getting back on here again. I have talked to a few of a you guys about meeting up and wheeling and I know where some of you are from, but I figured we could have a WI thread again to post our locations and when we are going wheeling so we could attempt a meet and greet at some point (after hunting season of course :D). So how bout it guys? where are all of you and who wants to go tear up our fine state!?

Glad you made a page Dave. Hopefully other people post.

I live in Green Bay. I'm in the Crivitz/Mountain area on weekends pretty frequently.

Yeah Mike I hope we get some more guys posting in here who wanna do some wheeling.

I live in Menomonee Falls, commute to Milwaukee every day and I am in the Rome (Wisc. Rapids) are pretty regularly for weekends and hunting.

Mike I'm gonna google maps Rome to Crivitz and see how far you are cuz I'll be up there in a week or 2 to do some hunting

Looks like from Crivitz to my place its quite the Drive

be easier and less driving to come from Green Bay but still not very close

or we could meet up in Oshkosh which is still a good 50 miles and oshkosh is on my way up north

or next time I am in Winchester/Appleton but who knows when thatll be. Spring for sure, but hopefully before gun season.

Or you could test drive the new 5.7 in your truck and trek down to My House or just Milwaukee becasue I think both are closer than going to my place up north. which is weird, lol

Edited by ReDnekZ

[

Looks like from Crivitz to my place its quite the Drive

be easier and less driving to come from Green Bay but still not very close

or we could meet up in Oshkosh which is still a good 50 miles and oshkosh is on my way up north

or next time I am in Winchester/Appleton but who knows when thatll be. Spring for sure, but hopefully before gun season.

Or you could test drive the new 5.7 in your truck and trek down to My House or just Milwaukee becasue I think both are closer than going to my place up north. which is weird, lol

Yeah, Crivitz is still about 45 mins north of me. We go in Machickanie more often, which is only about 15 minutes north. They also have a shooting range and could go small game/bird hunting there. I could drive down to Appleton/Oshkosh area sometime though.

All your links just bring me to a map of North America.......

In the winter we can play in the small field at my house...

Here's a pic of one place in Crivits we went to this past summer. Dumb to bring anything there you care about though. This is Brians truck you were going to buy.post-14419-1317225072_thumb.jpg

Edited by BLACK96regcabHighrider

Hey there,

I'm from the Janesville Area "down south". We lost our favorite playground about 2 years ago and I have never found another replacement. Off roading has really fallen into disfavor in this area due to inconsiderate 4X4 people and quads ripping up everything they coud get into with permission or not, to bad I rode the same trails for 20 years in about 5 diferent locations. We used to organize cleanups and ditch / rut filling for land we did not even own and that seemed to keep everyone happy. Last time we were out I FILLED the bed of my truck with cans and trash. The land owner thanked me but said no more wheeling due to someone threatening him when he asked them to leave his land at 3:15 AM. I have not been wheeling in a few years. I am busy rebuilding my truck almost every weekend. But I would like to keep in touch with all of the WI/IL/Iowa people for parts trading and junk yard finds for parts sources. I am looking for almost anything I can find to see if I can add another goodie to the Ztruck. Have fun and remember the landowners rights or they can END it all...

Damn Mike I had everything mapped out on those links! oh well :lol:

and that looks fun!

and Toddah, I own 160 acres so thats always a wheeling possibility, especially since we just had it loggeg. Before we bulldozed the trails to clear them it was a bit much for a stock Z, messed mine up pretty good in July. But we cleared the trails real good so now they are just real rutted and have stumps and the like on them in a few spots. Fun for sure but not too technical. Parts of it get real thick with mud if it rains if that is your thing. Idk if you know the grafton/cedarburg area at all but Procs is there and thats the huge muddy trail system where the midnight mudders wheel, I go there a lot.

Oh damn Mike is that Bryans old red Z in that pic! if it is I am laughing pretty hard right now :lol:

edit: just read your whole post, it is that truck hahahahahahahahaha

Edited by ReDnekZ

I own 160 acres so thats always a wheeling possibility,

That sounds good....

That picture was from Memorial Day weekend. That's on a forest road, the dnr is out there watching everything usually. They shut it down if trucks start to dig 12+feet. The only really fun thing there is to watch idiots that break their nice things.

I own 160 acres so thats always a wheeling possibility,

That sounds good....

That picture was from Memorial Day weekend. That's on a forest road, the dnr is out there watching everything usually. They shut it down if trucks start to dig 12+feet. The only really fun thing there is to watch idiots that break their nice things.

well we know that was far from a nice truck....sad that he had to ruin a zr2 though. What did he do with it again?

Sold it to some guy. He didn't total it or anything, it still ran fine when he sold it. He just wanted to get his money back from it.

BACK on subject - Lets meet up sometime.

yeah for sure. Was that pic part of the pipeline?

the 14th I will be going thru oshkosh I might be able to stop there for a while if you wanted, but we cant really go wheeling then or anything. Let me see when my schools october break is. Maybe we could meet up then

All the members on there are on the opposite side of the state from me!!!! :(

I'd like to meet up, but I won't have time until after Thanksgiving...at least I hope to have time. Plus my Z won't have plates/insurance on it until early November at the earliest.

I'd like to meet up, but I won't have time until after Thanksgiving...at least I hope to have time. Plus my Z won't have plates/insurance on it until early November at the earliest.

Yes, LaCrosse is a foreign land. I'll be in and around the Stevens Point area a few times during the school year visiting people. I know that's still a ways from you.

Yes, LaCrosse is a foreign land. I'll be in and around the Stevens Point area a few times during the school year visiting people. I know that's still a ways from you.

Yeah, I'm finding that out. At least there's a lot of WI members on here! Stevens Point is quite a ways too; 2 1/2hrs.

I wouldn't mind driving to Oshkosh or something like that. Not a big fan of Milwaukee. Right now, time and legality are my problems. :D

Well I have a good wheeling buddy who lives in Appleton, which is close enough to Oshkosh, I could see if he know any place to wheel around there although it seems like he is always asking me to hit up the pipeline with him or he comes down here to Procs

Just got my z running today, gunna button her up tomorrow. Gotta go get a hood front bumper and a few other small things in the morning, I love junkyards

Just got my z running today, gunna button her up tomorrow. Gotta go get a hood front bumper and a few other small things in the morning, I love junkyards

Berlin....that's on the way to Oshkosh from here. I wish we had some Z's in junkyards here. :(

took you long enough Trevor! and seriously one of these times when I'm in Berlin youll be around right! :P

but seriously congrats on gettin the Z back on the road

Berlin....that's on the way to Oshkosh from here. I wish we had some Z's in junkyards here. :(

you and me both!

if any of you WI members find a 5 speed s10 in a junkyard near you I need the shifter assembly with the shifter handle! very important!!!

you and me both!

embers find a 5 speed s10 in a junkyard near you I need the shifter assembly with the shifter handle! very important!!!

ya i am going to american salvage yard in fond du lac, if i see anything ill let you know, also might work my way north to oshkosh and stop by wallys u pull it in oshkosh on the way home...

ya it took a while but i didnt really have much time over the summer, workin all the time at the ethanol plant...

yeah I hear ya man, just glad you didnt give up on it.

and I appreciate you lookin for the 5 speed shifter for me, let me know what you find

you and me both!

embers find a 5 speed s10 in a junkyard near you I need the shifter assembly with the shifter handle! very important!!!

ya i am going to american salvage yard in fond du lac, if i see anything ill let you know, also might work my way north to oshkosh and stop by wallys u pull it in oshkosh on the way home...

ya it took a while but i didnt really have much time over the summer, workin all the time at the ethanol plant...

I go to Oshkosh every year for AirVenture and I've always meant to stop by there on the way home, but I'm usually too tired after 4 days of the airshow. I've been to 1 u-pull-it lot before and I really liked it. Great prices!

yeah I hear ya man, just glad you didnt give up on it.

and I appreciate you lookin for the 5 speed shifter for me, let me know what you find

What do you need the shifter assembly/handle for? You break yours? Would any year 5spd S10 work (with a 4.3L I'm assuming)?

Matt I need it ASAP to trade for a short throw, I just cant have my truck out of the game for even a day or I'd send the guy my own shifter. Once I have the short shifter mine will be useless anyway. Any 98+ s10 with nv3500 5 speed should work

Matt I need it ASAP to trade for a short throw, I just cant have my truck out of the game for even a day or I'd send the guy my own shifter. Once I have the short shifter mine will be useless anyway. Any 98+ s10 with nv3500 5 speed should work

The only truck I knew of here was a 94-97. Sorry. S10's are REALLY hard to find here. Blazers are a little easier, but not much.