jwwaldschmidt

JW's PMSMax

850 posts in this topic

Was it being towed and fell off of the truck and went into the culvert or somebody else was driving it which just so happened to be a tow truck driver and drove it into the culvert?

I would say she is done for at this point with that frame damage.

Seeing how tax returns are just around the corner wanna make me a deal on that transmission?

Driver pulled me about 100' along the ditch without successfully pulling me out. Thought he was further from the culvert than he was. Broke several of the companies policies, having me in the vehicle was one of them - he asked me to be in there. Also pulled me using the truck with only the winch cable hooked up, which is a no-no - the cable snapped when I fell into the culvert. Driver was a moron, company owner has been very understanding and apologetic, they're pulling out all the stops to accommodate me thus far within reason.

Appraisers say it's borderline, they're taking it to a body shop to continue tearing it down to see if it's repairable or not. I advised the body shop ahead of time that I'd prefer it be totalled, :lol:

We'll see what happens. If they pay me appropriately for that and all the mods then they can keep the damn truck. If they don't want to cough up the extra dough for that high-dollar transmission, then I'll buy it back and have it parted out or sell it as-is. Always possible they don't total it all this is all a moot point.

I've unfortunately had to deal with totaling out two vehicles. Your're smart to tell the body shop about your intentions ahead of time.

Money for the mods might be tough. Hopefully you still have receipts - that will help a ton.

State Farm was good to me with Mods on my first S10 that I rolled, we'll see how this company is. If they give me too much of a hard time I'll get a lawyer involved and/or my insurance company will take the lead.

Meh, I could fix it.

You failed to mention that YOU initially put it off the road :D So the blame is 10% you, 90% Tow Truck Company :D

It was a perfect truck when I finished with it. It was not when the tow company finished.

damn dude! sorry to hear that but glad to know you're ok.

that poor truck sure has had some bad luck.

good luck getting everything taken care of to your liking.

It was a perfect truck when I finished with it. It was not when the tow company finished.

You still have yet to explain HOW you got it into the ditch!?!

That truck was a bad omen from the start. Be glad it is hopefully totaled... My buddy has that issue with his 13 Denali.... always a great driver, never had issues...his truck got rear ended, he sideswiped someone, and someone backed into the side in a parking lot. Needless to say, he got rid of that truck just over a year of having it...

Sounds like this thread will probably be coming to an end. Spoke with the owner of the body shop that's looking at it, he doesn't think there's any saving it. Appraiser agrees, but wants to dig into it regardless. Had a miscommunication with paperwork so they didn't get it all finished today, hopefully tomorrow.

So starts the long process of negotiating a settlement. Good news is I've got trucks like these to help drive up the value:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=67037&endYear=2006&modelCode1=CHEVC25&showcaseOwnerId=67453419&startYear=2006&makeCode1=CHEV&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=%5BCHEV%5BCHEVC25%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=346187233&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=67037&endYear=2006&modelCode1=CHEVC25&showcaseOwnerId=67453419&startYear=2006&makeCode1=CHEV&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=%5BCHEV%5BCHEVC25%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=387896139&Log=0

Those guys are shooting for the moon, but that's good to help you out.

So LML next?

Those guys are shooting for the moon, but that's good to help you out.

So LML next?

Oh I know I'd never get that much for it, but it sure does help. I'm not settling for anything less than replacement value. I had a perfect truck before their incompetent client fucked it up, and I expect to be able to go out and buy an equivalent vehicle and modify it in the same way that mine was with their settlement check. The lawyer friend of mine that I've been talking to has advised me to settle for nothing less. I'm not afraid to take them into a court room if it comes down to it.

Not entirely sure, but likely. Might test drive a Ram just to see what all the hype is about... They're certainly cheaper. Need to test drive a few lower-trim Silverado & Sierra HD's to see what options I can and can't live without. You won't find me in a Super Duty, not a fan of the styling at all.

Cool. Lots of choices out there.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Sounds like this thread will probably be coming to an end. Spoke with the owner of the body shop that's looking at it, he doesn't think there's any saving it. Appraiser agrees, but wants to dig into it regardless. Had a miscommunication with paperwork so they didn't get it all finished today, hopefully tomorrow.

So starts the long process of negotiating a settlement. Good news is I've got trucks like these to help drive up the value:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=67037&endYear=2006&modelCode1=CHEVC25&showcaseOwnerId=67453419&startYear=2006&makeCode1=CHEV&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=%5BCHEV%5BCHEVC25%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=346187233&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=67037&endYear=2006&modelCode1=CHEVC25&showcaseOwnerId=67453419&startYear=2006&makeCode1=CHEV&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=%5BCHEV%5BCHEVC25%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=387896139&Log=0

I tried doing that when I totaled my first Harley... doesn't matter if you have 1-2 that are out in left field. Obviously they are going to take the average price for them... That first one is beautiful though

Holy shit man!! Didn't john just finishing this thing for you not to long ago?! Glad your ok but damn you have bad luck with vehicles

Jw your truck is getting newer one piece at a time.... what is original other than the drive train :lol:

Edited by brian76708

Jw your truck is getting newer one piece at a time.... what is original other than the drive train :lol:

Not even that.

Not even that.

hahah i forgot about the Transmission screw up.

I would have repaired that.

I would have repaired that.

I'm glad they went with a full replacement. The new one looks sweet under there. :lol:

IMG_20150222_083053%201_zps5ny8q3le.jpg

IMG_20150222_083045_zpswb9mec0p.jpg

IMG_20150222_083032%201_zpsfuzbzxaw.jpg

Haven't updated this in a while. All fixed up for the most part, runs like a top once again.

New shoes on it, thanks to Steve and the fine guys at Discount Tire. Running 18's now, with 33's. Corrected the backspacing issues I had with the previous wheels, so I can actually turn again despite the tires measuring 1/2" taller than the old set. Same tires as before, Cooper Discoverer ATP. Wheels are Fuel Mavericks, +18MM Offset.

those look really nice on there. glad ya like them!! :)

I've accepted an offer on the truck, and hopefully will have it on its way to the new owners within a couple of weeks.

On to the next big thing...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor