sjdiesel

Hello from Metalshop Motorsports

45 posts in this topic

thanks man for they great customer service. i can't wait to get home to get my truck together.

how much for the rear shackle mounts.

thanks man for they great customer service. i can't wait to get home to get my truck together.

You are welcome!!! Thank you for your business and let me know how it all works out!!!

how much for the rear shackle mounts.

Shackle mounts with bushings, brake formed plates and gussets sell for $265.

just trying to save you a major headache.

I'll second what Chris said just to help ya out. when I/we did my first one with coils, we learned that the Z has a front end weight more like a V8 ZJ. we went that route and it worked about perfect. we used lift coils that were designed for a ZJ and the spring rate was almost dead on.

hope that helps a little and hope everything is going well for ya

just trying to save you a major headache.

I'll second what Chris said just to help ya out. when I/we did my first one with coils, we learned that the Z has a front end weight more like a V8 ZJ. we went that route and it worked about perfect. we used lift coils that were designed for a ZJ and the spring rate was almost dead on.

hope that helps a little and hope everything is going well for ya

Thanks for the info. That is good to know. Again, I am working with Alcan to see what we can come up with. I love their customer service and products!!

Metalshop Motorsports has a small feature in Petersen's 4wheel & Off-Road and JP Magazine under the New products at Easter Jeep Safari!!! Check them out!!!

BTW i'm talking to Mr. Carter at Alcan about the waggy springs via email and sent him the link to this thread. i'm going with his suggestion of a 0 lift waggy spring to keep the same 5-6" lift i had with the BDS kit running 33's or 35's 79 bronco d44 sprung over reverse shackle. is there anything i can tell him that would pin point the exact spring i need with awesome flex on a 02 blazer zr2 driver?

BTW i'm talking to Mr. Carter at Alcan about the waggy springs via email and sent him the link to this thread. i'm going with his suggestion of a 0 lift waggy spring to keep the same 5-6" lift i had with the BDS kit running 33's or 35's 79 bronco d44 sprung over reverse shackle. is there anything i can tell him that would pin point the exact spring i need with awesome flex on a 02 blazer zr2 driver?

Thanks for doing this Matt!! I need to talk to him as well. I will try to call him next week, this week I am slammed at the shop!!! :cheers: I need to find out the exact numbers on my springs and have him make them to that spec.

Metalshop Motorsports has a small feature in Petersen's 4wheel & Off-Road and JP Magazine under the New products at Easter Jeep Safari!!! Check them out!!!

I was flipping through the magazine and I saw a zr2 staring back at me, pretty sweet stuff

Edited by zellers88

IMG_2571.jpg

Just curious what kind of bead locks (if they're real and not sim. bead locks) are those in your picture?

IMG_2571.jpg

Just curious what kind of bead locks (if they're real and not sim. bead locks) are those in your picture?

By looking at them i'd say raceline monsters

By looking at them i'd say raceline monsters

Thanks dude :cheers:

Thanks for doing this Matt!! I need to talk to him as well. I will try to call him next week, this week I am slammed at the shop!!! :cheers: I need to find out the exact numbers on my springs and have him make them to that spec.

thanks man

Good News!! Check out the new Petersen's Magazine!!! :cheers:

magcover.jpg

magart.jpg

I stopped at the mag stand at Walmart recently and noticed it! Very nice truck!

Whats your price on just the front half of the lift.. Crossmember/frame support/. I dont need the rear half of the lift, just the front and wanted to see what you had it listed for without the rear. Thanks man

Has anyone used this kit and have any reviews on it looking at it it looks awesome and thinking of ordering it just want some feedback