blazer02zr2

What do you tow with your Z

288 posts in this topic

I dont think anyones posted anything like this before, so lets see pics of what you have towed with your truck

i use my truck about once a week in the summer. we go to the lake atleast once a week in the summer and we got a small utility trailer that i use alot.

30198430244_large.jpg

30198430072_large.jpg

30198430273_large.jpg

30198430274_large.jpg

DSCF1021.jpg

DSCF1019.jpg

Edited by gregg6668

This is the heaviest thing Iv ever pulled with my Z, came in right around 3.5 or 4 tons:

post-8483-1249092875_thumb.jpg

I think i have a few pics of the new z towing my projects.

The old z towed everything from hay wagons to a large enclosed snowmobile trailer

here is what i have on this computer i think i have some more photos on my desktop

P9300113.jpg

P1010109.jpg

P1010088.jpg

374859904_1293810530_0.jpg

374859083_1293807431_0.jpg

Nice trailer, where did you get that box?

How much?

I know northern tool maybe tractor supply/harbor freight too? Tounge box

Looks like a TSC logo on it, probably expensive though.

I don't have any of those stores in my area!

man i wish i had pictures... i think alot of you guys would call B.S. if you saw what ive hauled with my Z on 36's LOL.

-a big trailer intended to haul a Kobota tractor loaded down with a late '70s model complete conversion van laoded down with scrap metal for over 40 miles to the scrap yard... i think total weight of truck+trailer/van was well over 12,000lbs... and my truck by itself weighed 4,400lbs. so that means i hauled 8,000lbs over 40 miles. she did good though

-also hauled a '76 Dodge mud truck on a normal sized car trailer

-a '89 jeep cherokee on the same car trailer

-a '90 mustang SSP (police package) coupe on the same car trailer

-a '99 firebird v6 on bigger diamond plate car trailer with winch and storage box

-and my jetski when i had it lol

all this was with the 4.56 gears, intake and exhuast on 36's, but before the 266HR camshaft and Wait4me tune

Edited by downsouthGAzr2

man i wish i had pictures... i think alot of you guys would call B.S. if you saw what ive hauled with my Z on 36's LOL.

-a big trailer intended to haul a Kobota tractor loaded down with a late '70s model complete conversion van laoded down with scrap metal for over 40 miles to the scrap yard... i think total weight of truck+trailer/van was well over 12,000lbs... and my truck by itself weighed 4,400lbs. so that means i hauled 8,000lbs over 40 miles. she did good though

-also hauled a '76 Dodge mud truck on a normal sized car trailer

-a '89 jeep cherokee on the same car trailer

-a '90 mustang SSP (police package) coupe on the same car trailer

-a '99 firebird v6 on bigger diamond plate car trailer with winch and storage box

-and my jetski when i had it lol

all this was with the 4.56 gears, intake and exhuast on 36's, but before the 266HR camshaft and Wait4me tune

:bs:

:stirpot:

:lol:

Nice trailer, where did you get that box?

How much?

That as the last thing i bought i finished building that trailer. I got it at Tractor Supply Co. It was less than 200 i think. Its just big enought for my spare tire so thats the main reason i got it but i always keep my straps, tarp and jack in there too. They have a plastic one also.

5500 pounf nissan on a 1 and a half ton car trailer = heavyest

chevette on same trailler = most recent

9x6 box trailler with a 50th anniversary r1 in it = most ballinest

oh and camper out of woods = most muddyest

oh and i lied, a 5 ton fmx landing ramp with about 1200 pounds of tounge wieght about an eight mile in 4 lo lmao = heavyest

post-8404-1250209999_thumb.jpg

post-8404-1250210036_thumb.jpg

post-8404-1250210110_thumb.jpg

post-8404-1250210127_thumb.jpg

post-8404-1250210139_thumb.jpg

oh and i lied, a 5 ton fmx landing ramp with about 1200 pounds of tounge wieght about an eight mile in 4 lo lmao = heavyest

Never tried to pull the gravity flow wagon with the Z ?

Itll work, maybe not slam full, but up to about 3/4ths lol

post-8483-1250215016_thumb.jpg

I dont have pics, but just bought a 16' Car hauler, and I scrap cars. Next year, depending on if I start my RWD conversion on my car, my Z will be hauling the car to shows all summer.

Never tried to pull the gravity flow wagon with the Z ?

Itll work, maybe not slam full, but up to about 3/4ths lol

post-8483-1250215016_thumb.jpg

Nah, no reason to, they make tractors for that lol. besides that place didnt look rough, but it was all i could do to get that pop up out.

Nah, no reason to, they make tractors for that lol. besides that place didnt look rough, but it was all i could do to get that pop up out.

Oh lol yeah ZR2's might be really good in mud but I doubt you'd stand a chance with

4 tons of dead weight behind it lol

lol, i basicly got the z pointed at the feild about 100 yrds away through this wierd arse mud, and just floored it and let uit eat, its schetchy dragging a trailer through mud at 15 miles an hour through trees that are about a foot more apart that your z is wide lmao, and the boy who owns it thought he could get it out with his 2wd f150 rotflmao

18' Smoker Craft King Troller boat with a Mercury outboard.

post-8611-1252241732_thumb.jpg

Edited by f l e x i n

not a huge trailer but hey.. it had a nice bike in it...

post-5052-1252377984_thumb.jpg

I put this one up a while ago, but here she is again. 25 ft V-Nose Snowmobile Trailer for NDSU's tractor pulling team. Weighs in at approximately 7000 lbs. A weight distributing hitch was a must have with this one.

100_0781.jpg

This was the heaviest thing I ever towed. The illegal immigrant at the rental center refused to put the proper tongue weight on it and when I got up the road at the top of the hill on my way to the job site, the pavement had been ripped up and when I went from dirt to the fresh pavement I hit the bump and the front end of my truck came off the ground a few inches and slammed down. It was extremely stupid and I will not tow anything like that again with a Z. SSPX0117.jpg

I think i have a few pics of the new z towing my projects.

The old z towed everything from hay wagons to a large enclosed snowmobile trailer

here is what i have on this computer i think i have some more photos on my desktop

P1010088.jpg

Are those stock 16" Camaro wheels? Those look pretty good! Here is a photo of me pulling my Aprilia to California in my brothers enclosed trailer. it did just fine, except on the way back through Nevada, it got really windy and it was like having a parachute!

3927246346_d479e4bb07.jpg

LISound922.07005.jpg

SledTrailer001.jpg

Borrowed my buddies 3 place bike trailer, PITA to haul wood on it though & this was before I had the SL 2" rear AAL's.

Load22.jpg

ZR2DAN, do you know the size and weight of that trailer with the bike in it you described? I have a Blazer ZR2 and may be renting one of those similar sized U-Hauls to get my personal goods from MI to CA for a job move. I am concerned about the wind and lack of power to maintain 65 on the hwy. I'm sure your mileage was poo as well. Tnx.

My boat is 3300 + full of fuel & gear but rather areodynamic, 3rd will pull it just fine.

The sled trailer is only about 2200 but pushes a lot more wind, it's 8.5' wide, about 15" wider than the Z's on each side, I run 3rd on the hills and can maintain 75 + on the flats in OD.

Last Feb, super bowl weekend, on the way to Millinocket ME with the sleds, somewhere north of Bangor:

Millinocket09013.jpg

Millinocket09014.jpg